From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Saturday, October 3, 2009

Where O Where Has My Little Blog Gone?

Where O where have I gone? With all the summer activities I found the computer and blogging not top priority. I think that we are in full swing of a much needed schedule of school, homework, Wednesday night church, Sunday school and for myself, childcare, Bible study, volunteering for a whole entire day at the girls' school, meal planning, along with the daily home chores. I am busier than ever but loving every minute of it.
This post has a ton of pictures. More or less several blogs put into one. We had some special events take place this summer and new traditionnnnnsssssss. TRADITIONS! (Love Fiddler on the Roof by the way...) So, here we go..
First was my very special cousin Nikki's wedding. Maddy was her flower girl.
Getting the hair perfect
Nikki, Perry and Maddy

Maddy and Nikki, Aren't they beautiful?


Doing a perfect job as a flower girl!!


The newest tradition Ron and I decided to start his year was the "Annual End of Summer Sleepover" with the kids cousins. It turned out to be a total blast. I am only sorry I didn't start this sooner. I have always intended to do a fun tradition with all my nieces and nephews but never did. Until now!!

Kaelyn and Nyah on the Banzai slide
Uncle Eric and Aunt Cami let us use!

They all slept in the living room. Here they are pretending to be asleep. Too funny!

We canvas painted!

Played dress up!

Made homemade pizza from scratch!
Then ate the pizza! (nothing was left just so you know)

Ate homemade ice cream sandwiches!

Played PlayStation and Wii!
It truly was a great time. The kids were involved with all the mixing paints, Brinley helped with the pizza dough, they designed their own pizza's and made the ice cream sandwiches. Honestly I can't wait to do something like this again. Maybe Cmas break..... We'll see. ;)

With summer coming to an end there was the first day of school to look forward to.
Kaelyn at her desk, 4th grade.
She is absolutely LOVING her teacher and small class size. She has learned so much and has a little more opportunity to get her stuff done in class due to the small class. She is one smart cookie. And one of her best friends is in her class. What more could a girl want?

Madelyn at her desk, 2nd grade.
She got to sit next to her good friend for the first few weeks. She is doing well this year and we are SO proud of her progress. She is retaining SO much information. She loves to learn all sorts of facts about everything. She is brilliant!

Brookelyn is in Kindergarten and has a desk his year.
So she is much taller than everyone in her class. We giggle at how huge she is. She is taller than the 1st graders and besides her sister she is taller than the 2nd graders. Mini me by chance? Thinking so! She is still learning those letters and numbers and writes her name beautifully. She loves to cut and color. She is excited to be a better reader and learn about money. :)

SO, here we have it. I tried to make it short. If you endured my post..... Thank You!! I am proud of my extended family, my nieces and nephews, my family and mostly my children. I am sure you all know that feeling. Happy blogging. See you back here soon. (My few readers). :)

1 comment:

Carla Renée said...

Yay for the update! :) I've been checking for a long time! Who has time to blog about it when you're out livin' it?? :) Great pictures! I love how much fun you have with your family (and friends)! :) Seriously awesome tradition!! They will remember that forever, even if you don't do it all the time!