From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Saturday, January 5, 2013

Welcome 2013

What a year that 2012 brought to us. It was a great year with many victories gained. I am so grateful and blessed for SO much. 
We have experienced new sports with the kids, our forever loved sport basketball, switching schools for all the kids, heartbreak, joys of relationships restored, weight loss, health, first half marathons run, people leaving our lives, and new friendships entering and great friends becoming even closer. 
Maddy and Brooke played soccer for the first time and are playing basketball. Kaelyn played school volleyball and is now playing club through the spring. We love sports and love that they are enjoying it and wanting to keep playing. They are doing well in school and making good friends. 
Tj started kindergarten and is doing great. He has the most incredible teacher. We are so happy with all the gains he is making in friendships, school work, and at home. He is talking so much and sharing how he feels. We didn't have to be evaluated in 2012 at OHSU but we will this year. Already this first few days of this new year we have found out that TJ needs glasses for a fairly nice astigmatism in his right eye. This in itself will be a challenge trying to keep glasses on. He will need to wear them till he is a teen in hopes of correcting the astigmatism, then can wear a contact in that eye if he elects. This really effects his depth perception and answers the concern for his having trouble catching things like a ball. TJ also has two loose front teeth. This made for an upsetting breakfast one morning but thankfully he isn't noticing them or pulling on them too much. Two days ago at a regular Dr visit we were asked to fill out a form. I saw the top and it was titled Turrets. The other side OCD. Unfortunately we are entering a phase of Tj having issues with ticks, repetitive movements and behaviors. Lots of repeating words and phrases, breathing strangly but it's rhythmic, lots of jumping, and blowing. Yes, like he is blowing out candles. ALL DAY LONG!!! He does weird things like this is phases. This will end at some point and something new will replace it. He is picking terribly at scabs, freckles, or any little bump on his skin. This makes for lots of band aides being used and owies that just won't go away. Poor kid is going to have lots of scares. 
For the most part Ron and I do okay with everything dealing with TJ. Some days tho we catch ourselves feeling a little resentment and unfairness or him. Tears will flow, pity takes charge, but it always ends when we realize and remember how perfectly God made him in the image HE wanted TJ to be.
As we have been a part of Camp Attitude, our eyes have been opened to so much hurt and chaos of little ones burdened with physical and mental disabilities. Some who we have watched via Facebook pass away, some fighting deterioration of their bodies. I take life so much more serious. I am living it once, with my husband and kids as my number one priority. No excuses, no ifs or wishes. It's now. Live it and live it for the ONE who matters. I get so angry when I see people screwing up their lives that had so much promise. There are kids who would love a chance at a life we all get to CHOOSE to have and they waste it living selfishly
.
Ron and I are well into a new adventure. Ron started his masters program at UofO this fall in an 18 month program for his masters in Special Education. I am so excited for him and all he is learning. He is pretty incredible. He is such a man of God, serving his family always with love, providing financially, being present in our lives, and being a part of all we are doing while working full time and going to classes full time. He is pretty spectacular.
We are both still working on weight loss. The past few month put a nice hinder on things. We got busy which led us to getting lazy when we finally were home. We didn't want to run or go work out. January brings a renewed passion for reaching our final weight loss goals. Ron and I hope to reach them by our birthdays in May.

A few weeks ago I was blessed to spend the last moments of my grandmothers life with her. I sat on her bed rubbing her leg/hip as she took her last breath. It was the most special moment to share with my dad, aunt and my cousin. My cousin read scripture. It was just amazing. There are no words we can use to describe what I saw and felt that day/moment. It changed my life spiritually. God wants us to live for Him. I choose to more so than ever before and pray that I will make Him proud in teaching that to my children.
 Ron and I also had the chance to see a miracle with someone in extended family as they fought and won over a real spiritual battle. God is ever present and satan is trying to go after those who live on the fence, selfishly. We now are committed more so to be physically praying over our children as they choose Christ, battle choices daily, learn not just right from wrong but right from wrong BIBLICALLY. The prayer over them will be never ending as we watch our own parents still covering their children in prayers of thankfulness pleads of restoration, and choosing Biblical right from wrong, not worldly, marriages and over their grandchildren.

The year ended so great, with perfect Christmas celebrations with our families. The girls had so much fun with grandparents, sleepovers, friends, and cousins galore! It was perfect!! God is good and We are so excited to see what this year will bring. 
May your year be blessed with Biblical rights and serving Him. Endless praises for the great things in life and loving and serving those around you. 

No comments: