Last year was a REALLY bad year for us. It trickled into this year as we fought to stay afloat in so many areas. Ron and I were tested in so many ways, which was so new to us. We have always had ups and downs and tough times. But this year was a real test. Last Christmas we were dealing with a huge amount of debt from TJ's unexpected seizures and so many other hurdles we never expected to face. As a couple we were just trying to hold it together for the kids, and as a family we were just trying to get through each day. We were all on eggshells with the seizures and we lived in constant fear of seeing TJ have another one. We were all catching up on months of lost sleep and high anxiety. Things were being thrown at us left and right and before we could gather a breath from one thing, the next was already happening. We were struggling to find joy, understanding and losing faith in the real purpose of our lives. Ron had enough. He had an idea that to this day, has become a tradition. Daily that is. To be grateful. To look back on each day and share what we are grateful for. With so much to dwell on, be depressed about, stressed over, disappointments, we had to change our outlook. We needed to be positive. Each night we would share our gratefuls. It could be for the sun, a teacher, a favorite blanket, an activity we did that day. Anything. We would go around and each share. It was a small turning point in the midst of a really big storm.
I leave 2014 with so many gratefuls. Here are a few:
I am so incredibly grateful for Ron. That we CAN and WILL make it in this life. Being faithful. True, NO! MATTER! WHAT! It has been a few hard years. Yet, with humility, prayer, patience, God is bringing us through that storm.
I am grateful for unexpected mail, that are NOT bills. This I just received today. A total God thing. In HIS timing he uses others to encourage and help others. Thank you whoever wrote these two words.
I am grateful for this beautiful poinsettia. Brookelyn picked it out for me with thought and purpose. Man, I am thankful for her beautiful heart I get glimpses of when she shows it.
For those who did not know, we had not a penny to spare for gifts last year as TJ's medical and emergency bills started all coming in. A wife and her husband, who I have never met, blessed our children with a Christmas. Gifts for each of them. After explaining to the kids that it was not going to be a Christmas with gifts, it ended up being the most blessing filled one they will ever have.
I am SO grateful for this beautiful couple who gave my children a Christmas to remember. The tree skirt was from them to Ron and I. I will NEVER own another as this is so precious to us and will always remind us how grateful we are for love shown by total strangers, to our family.
I am grateful for a freezer full of beef from a friend a rarely see. Man, she will never know how grateful we were for this. Even though I have told her, I tear up thinking of this gift. And it was the best ground beef I have ever had. Last years tree was given to us and this year we were able to buy our own. We were prayed over more than I will ever know.
Many people blessed us this past year. And if you are one of the many, I will never share our story without tearing up over the kindness you showed. Our children learned so much about generosity and what it really means to give in this life.
I am so grateful for Christmas cards. I absolutely love receiving them in the mail and praying over each family as I see them up on our magnet board throughout the year.
I am grateful I still have a working body. I plan to begin working out again and I really cannot wait. Grateful for second chances at great health, running, and falling in love with things that are good for me.
I AM ALWAYS GRATEFUL for Camp Attitude. And this year was so extremely special. Here is TJ with his buddy Joe. He was a huge blessing to our family this year.
We are beyond grateful for Molly and Marissa. They will forever be family to us. Marissa was Kaelyns first ever camper she was honored to be a buddy for by herself. She fell in love with her right away, and so did our whole family. There are truly NO WORDS to fully express how much they mean to us.
Kaelyn and Marissa. May God bless her in her life. She is a true miracle. I am again, SO GRATEFUL for this little girl!
I am so very grateful for my friends. I really have many. I have my go to girls, my best friends, my fellow volleyball moms, school moms and Camp Attitude moms. I really really really have some amazing people I get to call friends. Who we can all on one another at any time. I know there is some quote about it being better to have a few true friends than a ton of ok ones. Not sure what it is, but honestly I have MANY that really are "true" friends. I wouldn't trade my relationships with any of them for anything. They are all so important to me. Different events, activities, situations bring people together. I am blessed to have many true friends.
I am beyond grateful for these four children that God trusted Ron and I to raise. It is a complete privilege that I take for granted most days. They are just as patient with us as we are of them. They are kind, have huge hearts, forgive, love and are learning what family, love and being a servant is all about.
I am so grateful for sports. For volleyball, basketball, track and softball. That the girls are willing to try new things, work hard, never give up, and keep their character while doing so. I am so proud of the work ethic and the grades they all have. Not only are they athletes, they are smart and honor roll students. They have bright futures ahead of them!
Madelyn and Kaelyn at Regionals for volleyball
Brookelyn next up to bat in a softball tournament
I am most grateful for Ron's accomplishment of graduating with his masters in special education. He almost dropped out when TJ started having seizures. It was truly the Grace of God and our faith in Him that got him through. He is now working as a special ed teacher and I am currently a stay at home mom again.
I am grateful to be a part of a family that I can call my own. It really was my biggest dream growing up. To be a wife and mother. I have truly all that I dreamed of. Grateful for this right here! We are healthy, alive, are able to love, be loved, accept love.
Merry Christmas from the Worst family. May your 2015 be filled with "gratefuls"!
Joy may not always come to us easily but we can seek joy in all things if we try.















No comments:
Post a Comment