Once again I ruined my one nicer pair of tenny shoesies! Argh! The combination of the red clay dirt and smooshed strawberries was too much for those shoes. The shoes continued to collect dirt and we were almost rocking on our own shoes as we left the fields.
I think it was safe to say he was strawberried OUT!
We are now watching two children that are our neighbors. They went with us so we had a total of 6 kids and 2 adults to get the task done of picking as many berries as possible in a hours time to make our famous freezer jam. We were successful in filling a total of 4 very large Tupperware bowls and 2 large bowls. We picked a total of 54 pounds of strawberries. Yahoo!!
After 2 days of picking, stirring, timing, measuring, and mixing we filled well over 50 containers of freezer jam for the family. Love it!!
Wishing you a sweet berry filled summer. I will start doing a better job of blogging. I have enjoyed being with Ron and the kids and being out of the school year routine!
No comments:
Post a Comment