From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Sunday, July 12, 2009

SummeR TimE


I love summer for many reasons. Because I know you are just dying to read all the reasons why I love summer and what we've done so far this summer, I'll get started. ;)


Summer is usually when I get to sleep in till I feel like getting up and feeding the kids what people like to call brunch. We are brunch people. Not due to WHAT foods we make but to WHEN we eat the foods. I could sleep till 10 every day if given the chance. Which I have a few times thanks to the greatest hubby in the whole world.


Another reason I love summer is there is not much hustle and bustle. I hate to be rushed which is my life in the school year.


Ron is home for the summer. This is the first year where he has not worked with or for anyone AT ALL, he is not taking classes and writing ridiculous amounts of papers. I am loving being around him 95% of the day/night. (Maybe even more. Poor guy.)


We have not been that busy so far and we near the half way point of summer. I am watching 2 neighbor kids 4 days a week to help keep us financially on our feet. It is going really well and they are wonderful kids. The kids enjoy having them here.


We have taken a LONG camping trip. If you ask me, not long enough. If you ask Ron, a little too long. :) It is the one thing I LOVE TO DO. I love camping. I love being up early, making breakfast on a small camp stove, making smore's, getting dirty and my favorite....... NO LAUNDRY!!! We camped for 11 days at Detroit Lake. My dad has a boat up there and we went on that almost each day. It rained the day we set up and was in the high 70's and mid 80's the whole time. We were so very blessed with our good friends that came up for three nights. We enjoyed their company and the kids were all sad to part when they left. I will post pictures of "Camping with the Cates" soon. I have had that title since we went. I just haven't posted. That will be next. Promise!


We are 7 days away from our next camping trip. It is our favorite place to go, the Oregon Coast. There is much to do and we have a great site, which is the same one we had last year. Lots of space, by the bathroom, by the playground and on a quiet loop.


We have been to a few fun bday parties. My niece was 8 this last week and we all got to go skating in Springfield. I think that Brookelyn has either bruised or broke her tailbone. We didn't take her in because I broke mine in 7th grade after being clothes-lined in the hall by a friend goofing around. I know how horrible it hurts and that there isn't anything they can do about it. But all in all they had the greatest time with all their cousins. One of the best bday parties ever.


Kaelyn turned 9 a week ago and she had friends over for a pool party and sleepover. There was a little drama but all in all it went great and Ron and I had our eyes open to what lies ahead with having 3 girls and the drama we will endure. Kaelyn got some really great clothes, jewelry, books and money. What creative things people brought.


The kids have had a blast swimming too. They are all SO tan. Miss Maddy is slowly turning into a very brown little girl. People must surely think she is adopted that don't know us. Especially when she is standing next to Brookelyn who is blonde and blue eyed. :) They are good swimmers but man to see them holding their breath for long periods of time is really cool. The pool we bought 4 summers ago was the greatest $300 investment ever. We all fit in it with lots of playing room. My thoughts, if you haven't invested in a pool, even here in rainy, not that hot of summer, Oregon, DO IT NOW! Of course save and budget the money and pay for it with cash. ;)


I have really enjoyed movie watching as we no longer have cable. I have always liked movies but am liking watching and analyzing them. Following in my brothers footsteps a bit maybe. I'll have to start posting about the movies I am watching and what I think of them.

I love reading. I rarely read as I did when I was younger. I have been reading almost nightly. Sometimes with the kids, mostly on my own. Kaelyn got 12 Nancy drew books and I am on book 2. I love having a great book to read.


Anyway, this is the rundown of our summer. I will keep on posting now that I have settled down and making time for it. Hope summer is going well for each of you! I've enjoyed reading all your blogs on swimming, berry picking, babies learning to walk, smile, laugh and all the things you are all doing. Keep blogging as I read way more often than I write.

1 comment:

red-headed Wilson's said...

good to see you bogging agin. :) I also love summers. LOVE THEM