From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Are we busy or what?

Since I last blogged we have been extremely busy. Here are some of the pictures to show the random things we have done, been involved in and just plain...... our lives.

TJ's shirt says it ALL
"I'm a handful".
We redid the kitchen/dining room.




Kitchen counters, back splash, lights and cabinets.



Bathroom counter, back splash and new mirror.
(We have painted cabinets and walls recently too.)



Brooke got stitches in the back of her head after falling backwards off my bed.
(Don't ask my what she was doing. I still don't get it.)


Kaelyn had her annual bout of strep throat and was miserable.
She also has a "tentative" allergy to penicillin. ??



I daily, even sometimes hourly, find TJ outside.
At least he had undies, night shirt and boots on.



Every Saturday for 8 weeks we watched the girls play hoops.
(Kaelyn, Lili, Brooke, and Maddy) Usually the times
were 8:30, 9:40 and 1:10 or 2:20.
~Lili and Maddy got onto the same team again. Steph & I
also coached their team and had a blast!!~



We cleaned under one part of the sectional. Yikes! Lots of knick knacks under there.




We had a end of year bball party with Maddy's team.




Brookelyn turned 6!!!

Which we celebrated at Walery's and had the most beautiful yummy cake from
Chantiell and "All Around Cakes" in Stayton, OR.

With Brooke turning 6 I found myself going back to the day my little me was born. She has become such a joy to me. More and more so over the past two years as she has started school and is growing in socializing and knowledge that I didn't give her at home. She is funny, loving and a very sweet girl. I am glad that the roughest years with her so far have passed. I think that she is most like me. I love her so much and am glad she is exactly who she is. She is strong when tough things like unfairness presents itself (even when mommy has a hard time), she is bold and strong. She is a little mommy who has become a huge help at home. She is responsible with her things and likes to clean when I ask. She is always thinking of her cousins, grandparents and her family and friends. Sometimes I want to tell her to keep things for herself, or not give something away. Brookelyn has endured some terrible physical pains; ear infections many time, tubes twice, adenoids out, many dentist visits that have not been fun, stitches, horrible asthma especially when she gets a cold, which is worse than when any of the others get sick, growing pains almost nightly for several years like you can't imagine (without little consoling since there just wasn't anything we could do but rub her legs). Dr thinks she will be at least 6-3. She is a tall girl!!! She is a tough girl!!!
I am so proud that Brookelyn is ours. We are closer than ever before. She is a beautiful blessing. And I was just thinking the other day that my very best friend Trish was the one who actually named her. Well, we chose the name but because of Trish, she gave us the idea. We fell in love with it over a year before we were even pregnant with her.
HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY BROOKIE!!
Here's to another "however long it will be before I post again". I hope it is a bit more than every few months.
Also, for those of you that are not aware, Ron and I currently have our home on the market and hope to see a timely blessing of a sale sooner than later. Ron and I are prayerfully considering a job change and move to Alaska. We can't really explain the pull but know that when we were there in November that we fell in love with it up there. The kids are all excited if that is where God opens doors. If not then we are blessed to stay here with all of our immediate family. It's been hard to express the love we had while up there and the desire we have to go, IF that is where GOD wants us!!!! It's hard to talk to our family and dear friends about it because we know more than ever now that we are very loved and would be missed. That in itself has made me more aware of the blessings we have and not to take them for granted. If anything the possibility in itself has been life changing in that area.
I leave with my all-time favorite verse that I lean on in times of uncertainty: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future." Jeremiah 29:11
AMEN!!

1 comment:

Carla R. said...

Wonderful update, Alyssa! Your house looks great, and I cracked up at your under-the-couch photo! :) You forgot to add a pic of you and your sassy new 'do, though! We need to get together soon--it has been ages! Have a wonderful weekend! Love you!