From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Sunday, May 15, 2011

Blessings & Mysteries in the Mailbox

On Monday this week we started receiving mysteries in the mailbox. The kids have been responsible for checking the mail since the weather has brightened up. And since they had bdays they enjoy checking the mail around their bday for the one special card they receive each and every year from the pastor and his family. They have gotten one each year since they were born. They will have either a verse, a few stickers, an encouraging word in it. They have each spent their fair share of times saving their special card, walking around with it, keeping it on the dresser, under their pillow, tracing or drawing the picture that was on it. It's fun to see them enjoy getting something in the mail just for them.

While checking the mail this week we stumbled across an unmarked card. It was addressed to all of us. Kaelyn asked if she could open it. We said that was fine. It has no return label and had been stamped and mailed from Portland. Inside it said this:

The kids were absolutely excited and couldn't wait to check the mail the following day.

Then Tuesday came and another mysterious card:
They started guessing- trip to the aquarium, a cruise in the ocean. Kaelyn went as far as thinking Sea World.


Wednesday:
The girls were definitely thinking a trip to the beach at this point. Maybe pool toys for the pool. Blow up whales, dolphins... sea lions??  It was really funny to hear their thoughts.

Then there was clue #3.
Kaelyn immediately guessed Enchanted Forest because they have fools gold there.
 (that is her strong reasoning why)


Then on Friday clue #4
Immediately Madelyn yelled "Disneyland! I know it's Disneyland!". Kaelyn asked where we went for our honeymoon. So I was truthful and told her San Diego and Coronado Island. ;)  Brookelyn is SURE we are going to the beach. She has said this all along. They hoped at this point there were not too many more clues.

Saturday- The Big Surprise!!

We will be spending a day here: 

A day here:
Sea World

A day at Knotts Berry Farm

And I am not sure why but when we asked TJ where we are going or if we are going on a trip he gets all excited and yells "bump cars". Any idea what he will be wanting to do?

Ron and I were the ones who sent these each day. (ok, so it was me, not really Ron). It went over so well. We are excited to do something all for the kids. The only place we have ever been besides camping at the lake and coast is visit Lynden, Wa.
So here we are counting down the days to our first ever family vacation. Where we planned a plane ride, hotel stays and lots of fun and adventures. The kids are so very excited.
We are taking Ron's parents as well. They are super excited as they have not ever been to a few of these places. We love San Diego. This is where we honeymooned almost 12 years ago. It will be so exciting to be back. And with four kids. Who would have ever thought?

4 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

I am confused. Is this from you or did someone give you this trip? :) Fun for the kids either way. When are you going? Have a great time!

The Feys said...

What fun. We moved to California after being at Sunnyslope, so I have fond memories of all the places you'll be visiting. As soon as I read the "Charlie Brown and Snoopy" I thought "Knotts Berry Farm!!". Can't wait to read all about it!

Unknown said...

Dee- Yes we did this. We wanted to drag out the surprise. The kids were more excited for the notes in the mail then the revealing. They really know nothing about the places we are going except a little about Disney. We have been out of Oregon once. lol. Can't wait to make it a week all for the kids. They deserve it after the few years we have had. This trip is ALL about them and what they want to do. :)

Mike and Mindy Roth said...

This is an AWESOME idea! You are so creative. I am totally going to steal it. Jaycoby LOVES getting the mail, so it would work out perfectly. Now we just have to plan a big trip to use it for . He already knows about this years vacation.
I hope you guys have fun on your trip. That is so exciting!