From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Wednesday, June 1, 2011

de Nova 'New Beginnings'


de Nova Coffee Cafe has asked me to do a giveaway on my blog. I know the new owners and they are wonderful people. Please take a moment to check out their website and even more so an hour or less to go visit them.
Ron and I have tried several entrees since being asked to share on here and were MORE THAN IMPRESSED. The cafe setting was pleasant. The smells of coffee and freshly made food was enticing. It was child friendly although looking pretty fancy. They had some children books and several children's magazines to burn a few minutes that we waited for food to be prepared. They had many choices of board games and cards for those who want to spend some time there with friends or family. They have some outdoor seating which will be perfect as the weather warms. The atmosphere is inviting. A place I could easily sit for hours enjoying sips of coffee and eating a hearty breakfast or lunch. 

A bonus is they also have a drive thru for those who like the drive-thru coffee places. You can also call ahead and order to-go breakfast and lunch menu items.

Here are some photos of the food we tried 
~Denver Scramble with sourdough toast, and we added potatoes~ (The potatoes are a MUST!)
This serving Ron and I should have shared. They made everything to order and it was incredibly fresh. Home cooked, not greasy. Not to mentioned served on beautiful dishes. (TJ also had a single pancake that was fluffy, not greasy and made with fresh batter. It was excellent).

Day 2 Ron and I agreed to share lunch. We tried the Chicken Bacon Caesar Club.
(This was my sisters because we were so hungry I forgot to take pictures)
This was on a ciabatta roll with hand cut chicken breast, bacon, swiss cheese, tomato, lettuce and the most delicious creamy Caesar dressing. It was served with a large portion of chips. It was so good that Ron and I were left wanting more, so we agreed to share a second entree.

Ron chose the Club Croissant
(Again was so excited to try it, before I knew it, it was gone. So I asked my sister to take a picture of a fellow cafe attendee if we could get a snapshot of his). ok, ok, he was the owner's husband. lol
This was HUGE and we left VERY FULL. Should have shared this one from the beginning. Well, maybe not because then we wouldn't have had seconds on another meal. ;)
The Club Croissant had turkey, ham, bacon, cheddar cheese, mayo, lettuce, tomatoes. The croissant was moist, buttery and fresh. No stale here. Again served with chips.

My sister and her friend Becca showed up for lunch at the same time and thankfully ordered a different entree to share amongst themselves. I was able to steal a generous bite (I can't help my big mouth) of her Crunchy BBQ Ranch Wrap.
I was hesitant because it had corn. I love corn but usually warmed with butter and salt. Not in salad type things. THIS WAS INCREDIBLE!!!!! It again had the chicken breast (real chicken breast sliced), corn, black beans, lettuce, tomato and tortilla strips with a BBQ ranch dressing wrapped in a tortilla. Large enough to share but who wants to when the food is SO amazing. Each was served with a crisp pickle wedge.

They offer all the perks of coffee that all coffee shops do. Espresso's, drip, iced, hot. They have smoothies as well.
Breakfast serves several different plates; bacon n eggs, scrambles, pancakes, build your owns, breakfast burritos, bagels, croissants, oatmeal.
Lunch offers full and half classic deli sandwiches, specialty sandwiches like what we had, specialty salads, side salads, soups, quiche and fresh fruit.

I am not exaggerating what-so-ever on the food and portions they serve. The only problem I ran into is that it was a 10 in quality, 10 in taste, 10 in quantity which equalled DESIRE! For more that is. I savoured each and every bite. So my recommendation is eat half and take half home. DON'T SHARE! You will regret it. Trust me, you will want it all for yourself.  ;)

So here is the DEAL!!! Haley has generously given me a $10 gift card to give away for someone lucky. ALL you have to do is post a comment under this blog post and you will be entered to win. IF you eat here within 48 hours of this post you will be entered in for a second time. (Hailey will confirm your coming in).

AGAIN:
Comment below to enter to win a $10 gift card. Go visit them and enter to win a second time.
Share this post, spread the word.

de Nova Coffee Cafe
103 S Center St, Suite E
Sublimity, OR. 97385
Hours: 7-3 M-F
7-11 Sat.
503-767-5587
http://www.denovacoffeecafe.com/

*drawing to take place June 7, 2011*
UPDATE: Winner is Rebecca. Enjoy!

12 comments:

Cathy said...

Sounds yummy! I always love trying out new places!

Amanda Foltz said...

Yes sounds delish! I can't wait to try it! And wow such wonderful things said about such wonderful people!

amber said...

The food sounds amazing! Can't wait to come in and try it!

Stephanie said...

The place is amazing and I was there today, you have proof my hands are in one of your pics. :) I will be going back soon for sure and that BBQ chicken wrap is DELISH!!

Jason Dunn said...

Sounds good... Are they hiring :)

Rebecca Krist said...

It was amazing! I will be going again soon lol!

Carla Renee said...

Looks great! I'll have to check it out soon! :) Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Miss Mindy said...

That made me hungry. So excited to come try some new food and drink!

Melissa said...

Can't wait to come and try the Yummy food. So happy for the new owners!!

Mike and Mindy Roth said...

After reading that I am officially starving. The pictures and descriptions seemed just like items I would order (or crave on a regular basis). We are always looking for new places to try.

Audree said...

Hey Alyssa, thanks for the great description of the cafe and all of it's offerings. I will pass along the recommendation to my friends who live in the Stayton/Sublimity area, and will try it myself when I go to visit them! :0)

Rebecca Krist said...

Went again!!! Had the cranberry walnut salad! Amazing!