Ah, the long awaited blog post on our exciting trip to San Diego. Our first stop was Anaheim for just a few days. We decided, against many peoples opinions, to only do Disneyland for one day. We kinda figured that what the kids don't see they won't know. Right? Yeah, I was right. We hit classic Disney and bagged California Adventure. With no regrets. We flew out Tuesday morning and the flight went great. The kids had so much fun as Kaelyn was the only one who has flown before out of the kids.
We landed a few hours later and got a rental car and headed up to Anaheim. We spent the evening swimming and sitting out in the sun basking in beauty. It was raining back home, ALL week I hear. We were so blessed by gorgeous weather.
Jim sitting by the pool watching the kids swim.
Ron and the kids.
We woke up Wednesday morning and had breakfast by the pool before heading out to the much anticipated Disneyland. I even had my hair done by Brooke. (In the background)
And the kids LOVED the little birds. They were allowed to feed them.
At Disneyland.
Nora and the kids FIRST TIME EVER! Jim went when he was in high school one year. Ron and I have been a few times, the most recent, almost 12 years earlier on our honeymoon.
Jim and Nora. SO BLESSED they came with us.
" James" and Timothy "James"
aka Grandpa and TJ
Walking down Main Street, Disneyland
The rides were a huge hit of course, for all of us.
This is one of my absolute favorite pictures. Nora and KK
Kaelyn and Madelyn in the rocket. This hurt the legs.
Jim, Kaelyn, Maddy and Nora
Jim looks like he is having a blast here. I think he really got into it. Ha ha!
Ron and TJ. Tj did have a lot of fun on Buzz.
Madelyn and I on the Bobsleds. With Tj's fastpass we literally had no wait.
Brooke and Kaelyn and Ron and TJ were behind us.
Roger Rabbit ride. Ron and Brooke really spun, while Tj freaked and I tried hard to keep it from spinning (and take pictures).
It's a Small World
The favorite ride that we went on 3 times and TJ asked to go again. Thunder Mtn Railroad.
In Front of It's a Small World. We tried fast pass here with TJ's pass and ended up waiting longer than if we would have just went in the regular line. But the 15 minutes of music wasn't so bad. ;)
We had SO much fun. I was so sad to walk out of Disneyland this night. It was like a dreamy place to be, the kids were so wonderful, no complaints, happy smiles, and just a sunny warm vacation. We had just been so overwhelmed with fun and excitement and we were sharing it with mom and dad Worst. We just felt so happy to be there in that moment.
And the hardest picture to look back on, I actually had tears in my eyes as we closed the chapter in this day of fun was this one:
And what Disneyland does to you:
The kids were exhausted. That is Nora hugging Maddy in the background as we waited for the shuttle.
This was just a glimpse into our Disneyland adventure. It was worth every penny, tired feet, sun burns. What a great memory. I really hope that we get to go back someday. Next time, California Adventure maybe?
1 comment:
Love these pics sis!! SO glad you guys had an amazing time.
Post a Comment