From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fifty is Nifty!

A few months ago I posted on my sister and my weight loss. Since that post, I hit my 50 pounds lost. So here are some pictures since I have several friends here that are not on Facebook to see the journey I've been on.

Me in San Diego, May 29, 2011

Walking in the airport May 24, 2011
Seriously I'm SO glad that my mother in law took this and to defend her it is a cropped photo. She got the whole gang walking in the airport. And yes, this is a regular size backpack.

Me in the SAME black jacket as above.
November 13, 2011 after losing 50 pounds.

Another in a sweater that is closer to fitting properly.

It has been a long hard journey but I have felt great the whole way. I feel and know I can do it. I'm ready and willing to do what it takes. It isn't always easy to muster up the desire to go work out but I get off my rear and I go.
However, the hardest part about losing weight and working out isn't finding the time. That can be hard too, but it's going on some kind of regular basis and not feeling guilty about it. My parents and Ron have been so supportive. Being home and coming over to be with the kids so I get this time is a huge blessing. And the only reason why I am where I am. I suffer though from major guilt, especially when there is a bad day or evening taking place. Our life is very hectic, mostly due to the fast that autism is a part of this family. And when TJ, the girls, Ron or I are having a bad day it is so hard to walk out knowing I am walking out of a house that needs me there maybe in that moment.
I also know that for 11 years of being mom I have never had a hobby to call mine. I have never gone out regularly and done anything for myself. I still am learning balance as I am making time to work out, and go out with friends or various functions. It's not always easy as Ron has his times too. We enjoy being together and spending time with one another. So for both of us to have our times it leaves less for just us. I think that this has been harder than walking away from a second helping of food, saying no to ice cream, or actually working out itself.
I do know that I am happier than I have ever been with myself. I feel I can cope so much better dealing with the kids. I am so glad that I have found zumba as a hobby. I am learning to jog and the family and I are doing out first 5k Turkey Trot this Thursday on Thanksgiving. I am SO excited. (the younger three will do a 1k gobbler trot after.)
I am so blessed and take none of it for granted that I am able to get healthy and am able to take time for myself.  

No comments: