From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry CHRISTmas from the Worst Family



Merry Christmas from us!

This year has been a huge year of growth for our family. We have grown is ways we never imagined. Some out of grace. Some out of faith. And some, because there was no choice.
We have been so blessed and I believe that we are feeling that more then ever. We have reached the end of the roller coaster waves of TJ's diagnosis and are learning to cope with the realities that autism spectrum disorders bring. We, or surely more myself, are learning to LIVE and not be victim to the things I cannot change.

This year, as you have seen if you follow our blog, we took a first big family trip to San Diego. We have a great time with Mom and Dad Worst sharing with them time, bonding and the joys of Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Sea World, Old Town San Diego, and SUN. It was so much fun and much needed.

My side of the family got to take our girls trip again. It was so much fun as we haven't gone for a few years. It was a tradition that kind of took a back seat to other stuff. I pray we keep doing this. We took all the kids (that are girls), my mom, sisters and grandma. We always laugh SO much.

Ron is still hunting with our dog Carbon. Probably not as much as he wishes but they are a great pair. He finished up a hunt in Umatilla recently with my dad and his best friend with success. And hit up Summer Lake opening weekend again, with his best friend. HE loves the outdoors.
Ron is also getting prepped to start school for his masters. Once again at George Fox. We are excited to see what God is going to do in this as it will be more time at school, with school work, all while working full time, grabbing OT when he can and being the fabulous husband and dad he is. 
He has also been led to pursue special education as there is such a need for GOOD quality teachers in this area.  

The kids are all doing well in school and learning so much. They are all at SA and we are seeing so much growth in them. They are all so happy and making new friends quickly. There are some wonderful families that have helped encourage their children to get to know the few new kids that there were, and that was such a blessing.
We are so thrilled to be starting up the basketball season with all 3 girls this year. (Kaelyn 6th 11 yrs, Madelyn 4th 9 yrs, and Brooke 2nd 7 yrs) We have chosen to stick with the Upward program. It's little stress, equal playing time, no pressure and they keep Christ in the sport. We are not ready for the big competitiveness of athletics yet and are happy with our choice. Games get started right after the new year and we are very excited.

TJ is at SA as well in pre school (was 5 in Sept) but just for this year. He has a one on one aide who sits with him, guides him, and helps keep him on task and focused. She is wonderful. He is doing really well there but the reality is he won't be able to go there for kindergarten. Ron and I are well aware of where he is and that that he will be in the local school (where he goes as well twice a week), in the special education. There are days the battle with the system is hard to swallow but God is always faithful and TJ will always be well taken care of. We are thrilled about his progress he is always making weekly in occupational therapy. He is talking so much. If we give him enough time, he tells us stories, several sentences. What a huge step from a year ago. Even a few months ago. He was potty trained this year too! :)

I have been staying busy being mom. Driving all over, homework, basketball, sleepovers, parties. I love most of the moments. :) I have been able to go to Eagle Crest Resort a few times this year and both were amazing special moments for me. One was with Kaelyn, her friend and her friends mom and sister. We had such a wonderful time. The second time I got to go with 3 of my dearest girlfriends. We spent so much time laughing, our cheeks nearly ached like we had tried blowing up a tough balloon. We made and ate some delicious meals, shopped, rode bikes, ran, talked for hours, and spent time in prayer. It was incredible and a trip I will hold dear to my heart forever!!
 On top of that I have worked super hard to lose weight this year. My sister and I started this journey together with friends in June. A few of us are really sticking with it and seeing amazing success. Although so slow at times, we are healthy and losing weight in a way that it will stay off.  It is thrilling to see my progress and to have such an amazing support system in place. From family, to friends, to trainers. I am blessed so much. I am down as of now 53 pounds. I have run two 5k's and it was SO much fun. The first was a family event on Thanksgiving. We did the Turkey Trot 5k. Ron, Kaelyn and I did the 5 and Madelyn, Brooke and TJ did the Gobbler Trot 1k. It was my first one and I loved it. What an accomplishment. So a week later Ron and I along with a zumba friend and my trainer Daniel and Zumba instructor/trainer Tirzah (they are married) signed up for a Jingle Dash 5k. It was COLD but fun. Tirzah ran with me the whole way talking to me about running, breathing and what to expect and training. It was a great experience. And great motivator to keep going in my journey. Ron and Daniel ran together and it was great for them to get to know one another too.
SO here we are both losing weight, and feeling better about our health. (Ron has lost over 25 pounds too). We are excited to do a 10k in January, the Shamrock run 15k in March and possibly a half in May. (I'm not so sure about this but I think I can....)  ;)

Merry Christmas and Blessing for the upcoming year to each of you who take time to read this. I am looking forward to taking a little more time to blog. I was told recently that an extended family members keeps tabs on us through this, so for those of you who keep up on us through this, I will do better.
Christ is born today! What an amazing gift! Merry Christmas!


1 comment:

Carrie said...

I just have to say that you and Ron both look AMAZING in this photo! Wow! Such a change from the one at the top of your blog. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!