From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Perfect Life

What does perfect look like? Is it the cute married couple with a little home with a white picket fence, no marital problems, adorable babies or the best athletic straight A students? Is it the gorgeous new car someone is driving around while wearing the most fashionable clothes with the expensive purse? Is it the thin healthy person who can run marathons and goes to church every week who reads their Bible and serves everywhere they can?

Perfection is obviously not real. There is no such thing except for one place. Heaven. But I will say that most of us can have a "perfect life" for ourselves if we choose to see all the great things we are blessed with. 
Things are rarely easy but I have such a wonderful life that I believe it's "perfect" for me, my husband and my children. God gives us what we need when we need it. It's not always in the same timing I think it should be but it comes when He knows its needed or more importantly, when we are ready.

What makes my life perfect?
 I have a sound and working mind. I can love, laugh, walk, run, write, read, hear, see. I can make choices. Not always right, not always wrong. But I have that ability. I can FEEL feelings and comprehend hurt, sorrow, joy, peace. I can be sorry. I can forgive. I can give. I can receive. I am able to help my children with their homework, cheer them on in their sports, take them to school and pick them up everyday. I see improvements, accomplishments, and even experience them for myself. I get to lay next to the most amazing man every night, talking about goals, fears, joys, heartache, parenting. We laugh and we have cried. We have love. Faithfulness. Compassion. Kindness. Forgiveness. Communication.We are in love.

My life is so far from easy and I am far from who I want to be. In my relationships with family, friends, even in my parenting and as a wife. But I have so much. I can do and experience so much.
While so many people have very little of the above things, I consider my life as close to perfect as a worldly meaning can be. Because I choose to see it that way. Trust me, I haven't always felt this way. I have been a negative, hurting person, took stuff out on others and blamed others for all the crap that was going on in my life. I have been there. A victim. Thanks to a friend who told me once "at some point you have to stop being a victim". Talk about swallowing some serious pride, digging deep and taking a hard look at the life in my head I was living.

I have been blessed with everything and MORE than I ever wanted or dreamed of when I thought about what I wanted in the future. We may struggle with not feeling like we ever have enough money at the end of a month, not having enough in our power to keep our kids in a private school,  or losing that weight we want to get off, but we have family and amazing friends that we get to live with and next to. We are blessed so far beyond comprehension. I think with all that I have, my life is pretty "perfect".
Change the way you think and look at things and you will be amazed at the perfection in your life. The things you should be perfectly happy with, perfectly been blessed with and perfectly capable of doing.
Life can be good if we choose it to be. It won't always, or rarely, be easy but it can be amazing.



No comments: