Life! How blessed we are to have life. To have life with our loved ones, our friends, our family! This past few months have been a real wake up call to life. My life and the life of others around me. As most of you know, Ron and I lost a friend from high school this summer. Although there was much time since we had seen him, it still hurt to say goodbye. We seem to be faced with more friends, church members, and family that are battling life, their lives with cancer, disabilities, brain tumors, Parkinson's, and other health concerns that may or eventually will take their lives. We are going, heading out at some time or another. We do not know our time, or some of us even the way we will go, but it still hurts to know that there is nothing much we can do but pray and trust God.
We got a text from my dad this morning saying that my grandma Edwards had just got out of surgery. She had woken up with a tight chest, possible heart attack. She made it to the hospital by ambulance and had a stint put in the artery on the back of her heart. It was 89-90% blocked. I knew she was ok but the thought of what could have happened sent a huge wave of emotions over me. I am ready, I know where I am headed after my life is done, but I am not ready to say goodbye and grieve others lives. As I watch others battle their fights it is almost overwhelming. We are truly only in control of very little. I however, have control to continue to pray for those around me even though they will never ever know, I will continue to text those I care about and email friends who are important. I may not even get to do those things but I continue to think of them. I am in control of that.
So with all I feel I'm am being tested with through family and friends of ours, I will remember what is important most. Making time for those important to us and pray, pray, pray for them! Live without regrets. And really....Forgive quickly and apologize ever quicker! Love life and live it to the fullest. Our day of death can be any day. Am I ready? Are you?
Faithfully praying for you grandma, my dear friend Charysse, Ron's good friend, and for all those we love with all our hearts that are being tested by their bodies and health!
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment