From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Saturday, April 17, 2010

Proud of my Family!

Proud!
I am so proud of Madelyn. She had a project due this past week and it was great to see her come out of her room with her poster done. She did it 100% by herself. I admit it didn't look anything like I pictured it being since I was going to originally help her. I felt like it wasn't good enough to turn in. Then I realized how stupid I was being. We didn't "print" anything out, she hand wrote all the information out. Her title wasn't in cute bubbly letters or spelled out using stencils. She simply wrote T-i-g-e-r-s alternating the letters with black and orange. After looking at some of the others hanging in the class I was glad that she did it all on her own. She looked through the paragraphs on the computer and chose the facts she wanted to use. I am just proud of her.
Shoulda took a picture.
Kaelyn is doing very well in school and simply putting it LOVES her teacher. She enjoys going to school everyday. When she has missed school she actually says she misses Miss B. How great is that to have a 4th grader sad that she misses school. Her teacher takes the positive things and strengths she sees in her and encourages her to do even more with those. She encourages and helps her in the areas where she is weak and needs more practice. She is good in class and is getting excellent grades. I am proud of her! She and Maddy are also doing swim lessons and they are both doing wonderful learning and practicing the butterfly and breaststroke. It's just great to see the improvements and the joy she has going to school each day. Not to mention the blessing she is here at home. Always willing to help me, her sisters and helps us so much with TJ. They have such a special bond. It's incredible really!
Bookie, as TJ likes to call her, is doing good with her school work to. She loves homework and reading and can't wait to get it done and get her jelly bean at school Ha, ha! I love it. She has become such a wonderful helper here at home and becoming more responsible. I am often shocked by the things she gets done when she really wants to do it. She helps with her brother and likes to help me sweep. Not really sure why but with all that I have to do around this house I surely will not complain. ;) She has some really neat friends at school and it makes me so happy that they play so surprisingly well. She is a lot different with her friends then we see with some of her cousins. So this is wonderful that she has such neat friends. She is continuing to grow VERY TALL!!! I really believe she will exceed 6 feet with no question at all.
And then there is TJ, I must admit that he has been the hardest of all the kids. For so long we have said it's because he is all boy, the baby, has three older sisters that bug him, talk for him, and won't leave him alone. We are figuring out (read previous 2 posts if you haven't already) that there may be more to his BIG delay in speech, his behavior, lack of obedience, listening, communicating, comprehending, etc...... For the past few years parenting him has had it's struggles. I spent so much time run down and staying up so late just to have some me time without the kids fighting, crying, whining, talking back, etc.... I was lacking sleep and not appreciating all that TJ is to me and what his strengths are. I haven't always loved that he is sweet, huggy, loving and a total mommy's boys. With the idea of him possibly being autistic I am filled with a lot of guilt (that very soon I will learn to give up) for how I have felt about him. I love him, he is my son, however I have never enjoyed much of my time with him because it always seemed so busy, full of messes, crying, fits, whining, and having NO clue what the heck he wanted. EVER! But I have to say that I am appreciating who he is. Who God made him to be. That while he may have some delays in learning and coping, he is made perfect in God's eyes. I really wish we would've had a clue into this whole situation a year ago. But for now I embrace him. I am loving all the things he is saying. The words are endless in the past few weeks. He is doing so much more and that is very exciting. He remains our extremely busy boy but the words that he is saying are AWESOME!!!!! He's my boy! I am grateful and proud of him.
And most of all I am so proud of my husband. He is strong, faithful and is such a committed and hard worker. He loves me and the children for all that we are. The good and the not so good. He has so much knowledge of God's Word. He is smart! He IS determined to provide for us and be there for us. He is involved and plays with the kids doing really random fun things that the kids will remember forever. He likes to spend time with me and will sleep on the couch just to "not go to bed" without me when I want to stay up late and read or blog. ;) He is thoughtful and when the going gets tough he takes care of us. He stays level headed and shows me how to not worry so much and to trust God. He is truly the spiritual leader in this home and for that I am most grateful! Ron is the love of my life, my best friend. I am proud of him and proud to be his wife. God surely has blessed me!!! I love my family!!

1 comment:

Charysse said...

I love this post, Alyssa. Beautiful...