From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Thursday, May 27, 2010

Two Steps Forward....

We made it! Here we are 7 weeks later and finally have a few appointments made for TJ. First is his surgery. It's scheduled here in a few weeks for his tubes to be redone, adenoids and tonsils to be removed. His ears are looking very gross deep inside. The one is clogged and looks bad where he didn't quite pass the hearing screen. The other in the past few weeks has become clogged around the tube with drainage but looks almost dark in color or like scabbed or bloody inside. I am SO glad that we will get this taken care of.

I also received a call this morning to have his evaluation at the children's development and rehab center at the children's hospital an hour away. For anyone to be told you might have this, or you might have that, or worse yet, WE THINK YOUR CHILD MAY HAVE _____, waiting 7 weeks just for the appointment to get scheduled is complete torture. Let alone that the appointment isn't for another 6 1/2 weeks, but it's scheduled. For that I am grateful!



We have done really well having TJ off dairy. When we tell him he cannot have something he instantly will say "milk". We are proud of him that he is getting it, that we are trying to get him to realize he has special milk. We have had a few days where he has acted up terribly. Not naughty but SO wiggly, no attention span, seemed wild, hitting himself in the head/face and lots of wiggling movements. He would not stop for anything and I was becoming very overwhelmed with him. Thinking to myself that if I have these behaviors to deal with when he is older and stronger and bigger it could be an issue. One of the days was spent totally at home so I managed him the best I could. However a few Wednesday ago he went to swim lessons. It was bad. No listening skills what so ever, swimming off, not responding when his teacher talked to him, flopping around in the water the whole time. I began to get very stressed out as I wondered what the other parents thought of him in the water. Truthfully I walked out of the pool building and sobbed the rest of the day. My son looked like he was severely mentally handicapped while in the water. I knew people were wondering about him or maybe even thinking things like, "that poor boy, I am so glad my kids are healthy and don't have any mental issues". I am not for sure that he does but on this day he looked like he did!!! It was really clear, hard to watch and I hated it more than anything.



As you can understand we thought long and hard about all the foods he ate, wondering if he ate something that triggers worse behaviors. We still are not sure but all we know is something gave us a few bad days. It may just be the way it will be but we wouldn't be doing everything we can if we didn't try and figure it out.



So here we are with appointments made minus the one the ESD will do in August/Sept. Phooey on them for bringing it up then making us wait so dang long. But we feel we are taking the right steps.



The girls are doing good as we get to the end of the school year. We have enjoyed some field trips and a few coming up. The kids are not even counting down the days but mommy is. They have been so good about keeping their rooms picked up lately, helping when asked a lot quicker and showing mommy a lot of extra love. They are all excited that we are exercising and are begging, yes, BEGGING, every day to be the one to go on a walk with mom. The best thing is that the girls gave me the absolute best sweetest compliments the other day when at the pool to do open swim. They knew I didn't really want to go and put a suit on. They each told me I was pretty and that my swimsuit made me look nice. ;) (They really wanted me to swim but at the same time were showing me how much they loved me for me!) They are the best!!!
Ron is done with work for the summer and having his help with TJ is the biggest blessing of all. It seems with two of us and him makes for easier days. And with the rain he isn't running outside as much. Maybe he'll forget how much he loved that when the sun returns.



As we close on another year I cannot believe that the girls will all be in school all day. No more half days for Brooke. She'll be a big 1st grader. So exciting. Okay, that's a huge understatement. I am THRILLED to not be taking 3, three, THREE trips to the neighboring town a day to get kids. I'll be down to 2 trips and that is exciting. (And sometimes my sister, dad or mom even picks up the kids and yay for me! I've waited 6 years for this. ;)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I am so happy for you that you might get some answers about TJ soon. As a momma I can't imagine the stress, but it sounds like you are doing great taking it all one day at time. Oh and 4 pounds in 4 days, you are awesome! So exciting that you are making time for yourself to be healthy and happy and that the kiddos want to join you. Keep up the good work and after I have this baby I will join you in the healthier living department :)