From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Thursday, November 18, 2010

Faith and Trust

So funny, well, not really, how Ron and I are filled with so much craziness right now. An overwhelming sense of decisions. For months we have talked for hours and hours over all the decisions, options, choices, facts, maybes, and possibilities we have felt we need to figure out and decide on. With many things!
Today it dawned on both of us as we keep praying and asking God,  "What do YOU want us to do" that we end up wasting more time worrying about what God wants us to do that, we are not really listening. I usually have a pretty leveled head. I like to pray, analyze, worry, think, rationalize, pray, think and worry some more.

Then repeat!

We laughed today as we realized that a lot of the things we need to decide on are not worth all that stress we were putting on ourselves. We chuckled because we now see that God has answered our questions and the answers were clearly right in front of us. We were so busy worrying and over analyzing that we were missing God's cues. His voice. We were truly talking and praying to God all the time. Sometimes with clear heads, sometimes with heartache, and a lot of times with confusion, but we, me (I shouldn't speak for Ron), didn't take enough time to be still and LISTEN. Amazing things happen when you change your thinking, stop over analyzing and just say "Okay God, I am here, listening. Really listening! What are we supposed to be doing?" God gives you a sense of peace.

We were going through a lot of emotions and stress with decisions, BIG decisions, yet feel SO at peace with each of the answers. I think the greatest thing of all is that I sensed peace once we were praying as a family about stuff. Including the kids in the areas that involve them.

God is SO good!  His love never fails. And he never once has stepped away from us when we felt like we were all alone. I love our God.

But, I still think it would be easier if I heard that deep voice from the sky telling me what I need to hear in a physical sense, but until then...........
;)

No comments: