In the gift area!!!
Ron came home the other day with new pots and pans. We have used the same ones since we were married. And now with all the issues we are concerned about, we recently heard on news about the nonstick being bad for you. I know it probably won't kill me in one moment or another but the stuff can't be good for you when it's peeling off. The kids asked the other day why I put pepper in the mac & cheese. Ugh! So I am the proud and excited owner of new Kirkland Stainless Steel Cookware from Costco. So far, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them.
My review: A little heavy and I have to get used to spraying them really good. No need to have them look super used after one use. I love the way they cook all the foods. The bottom maintains the heat for a while after it reaches the temp I want it at. I just was very impressed.
My rating: 5 stars!!
We also waited for two months before getting new towels. Ha ha!! Who am I kidding? More like years and years of waiting!! Bath towels, wash clothes, and hand towels. We again, got the Charisma towel sets from Costco. I LOVE them. I think my review on here is bias based on the fact again, that I have not had new towels since we got married. 11 1/2 years ago. OUCH! Literally. After using our new plush, 5 star hotel towels, the old ones feel like sandpaper on our skin. And we would wash/dry our hands twice and the towels we had before needed replaced. I was going through towels super fast, and not just because of the messes from TJ. Lol! How we had been using 11 year old towels, I have NO idea. Now I just need another month of waiting to fully replace the rest of the old towels. 6 more of everything to go. (Then off to replace the nasty kitchen towels with ).
My rating: a definite 5 stars!!!
Books:
All I Can Handle I'm No Mother Teresa, by Kim Stagliano- Well, I have posted on this one already as I just had a drawing to give an autographed book away that Kim so kindly sent me to help her launch her book. I must read if you love humor, love to laugh and smile, and are interested in learning a little about autism. This book was a blessing at a time when laughing was something I did to "look like I had it together to everyone else but was a mess on the inside". You know that feeling?
My review: 5 stars!!
Eat Pray Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert- So I have been really struggling on what or how I would and can explain this book. Comments I have heard from others is that it is new age, falls away from Christianity (As Elizabeth is a confessed believer, but doesn't focus on this in the book as "Christianity"), and rumor is that many have treated her book like a bible and rereading it many times as they want to live like her or by her book.
SO, in as few words as possible for me, which won't be that few, is that I enjoyed the book. It was never hard to put down and I didn't think about it at all through the day anxiously waiting to crawl in bed at night and read. However, I found that I felt pleased after reading each night and I really enjoyed the things she tried and did to become "closer to God". It's her personal account and there really were a lot of great things I learned from the book, or hope to really take away from it. I choose to see things as this: To become "still" whether through quiet time, prayer time, meditation, or however you put it, to become STILL with God. To give up all worries outside of that time and focus on HIM. I am a Christian so my focus is only on Christ! I loved how she got up from being on the ground many times, and beats the depression and anxiety she was feeling/going through during a rough time for her. I enjoyed her choosing to get out there and LIVE! To do something different. To see the world, or those three countries. It made me realize that I too can get up and do things, to walk away from fears.
For some reason I battle with this book. It wasn't like Twilight which is a review I will most likely avoid because it consumed me for about 6 weeks straight. ;) However, Eat Pray Love captured me at every page. I was never bored, always enjoyed reading it and I even got a lot from this book personally.
My review: 4 stars
only because I didn't feel that burning desire to run to it at night like other books.
A Walk To Remember, by Nicholas Sparks- I confess that I LOVE his books. Sometimes they seem like they will be predictable but then some are not. I love that his books are not always that happy ending feel good la de dah. I had a hard time putting this book down. I loved it because it is centered on one girls journey to love and serve God. She changes one boys life and it is a fabulous read. I love it even more because I didn't really remember the movie, which I think may have been a little slow.
Little bit about love, a lot about patience and even more about serving. Great read.
My review: 4 stars
only because there were only 207 pages in the book. I hate coming to the end of a book that I love. So when there is only 207 pages.... :(
Now, off to read. I have many more books, because I am a self proclaimed book worm, not to be mistaken with book nerd, (I am not that smart, but I LOVE to read) I can't wait to review for you.
Up next: Unlocked, by Karen Kingsbury. (My first read of hers, I hate to admit because I hear she is excellent. I am excited 1. Because it's a story close to my heart. 2. My gma used to read all of her books. 3. She is a Christian author).
Watch a video here about this book. It's touching.
1 comment:
Just today I told Ben that I would like new pots for Christmas!! Ours are 10 years and they were from Costco but they are getting to be really old.
And our towels are also 10 years, some 15 years. I have told Ben next summer we are redoing our bedroom and then I will know what colors for towels I want. So 1 more year of towels with holes in them.
I think every 10 years we should have a marriage shower.
I like Karen Kingsbury, but they are all the same. So I have stopped reading her for awhile. Can only take so much.
I like Robin Jones Gunn. She is proabbaly my favorite Christian author un that genre. She is speaking at Corban in February!
Post a Comment