and a winner.
(read the blog post, enjoy the photos, and search for the winner)
SO many people wore blue on April 1st and 2nd. Whether they went anywhere or stayed home in a robe ;) people wore it and showed it. I was so excited to see all those that supported TJ not just daily but just to take a day, think of him and pull blue out of their closet.
Here was our day along with some photos from you guys.
TJ posing for a photo.
The girls (mom and Steph included) all colored a few puzzle pieces for the windows to decorate.
Brookelyn, Lili and Madelyn's artwork up. This was obviously taken at night. Day photo wasw showing a bad reflection.
Kaelyn and the blue porch light that we have put out. (Thanks dad for the bulb).
Homemade blue pizza dough. The kids LOVED this, the adults.. Felt a little awkward eating blue crust.
Lili and Kaelyn, or Brooke, I can't remember, helped melt white chocolate and we added blue food coloring and dipped pretzels. YUM!
Dad even lit up his porch with blue and is leaving his lights for the month of April too. So cool looking.TJ trying his pizza out. He liked it.
My sister wearing blue to work. She even had co-workers wear blue. One has a son that was just diagnosed, the other, just because he knew through Steph about it. :D
Amanda and Ellie, the first picture I was tagged in on FB of someone wearing blue was them. :) Happy heart.Ronelle made blueberry pancakes that evening. Crazy thing is, if you rotate this clockwise a little it looks like the blueberries say "TJ". Love this!
My grade school best friend, Amme. Wearing blue for TJ and another child.
This is my favorite photo. I love the HOPE. Every parent out there has HOPE, that we will have answers someday. And maybe even a cure, or more so a prevention.
A super dear friend of mine, Kristen's house. Lit up blue for her son Brandon. Talk about a lifesaver when TJ was diagnosed. Thanks K for all you have been to me this past year. Can't wait for camping.
My dear cousin Nikki and the newest most sweet and adorable addition to the family, Owen, Sporting blue.
Becca and Gavin. Gavin even got to share with his teacher why he was wearing blue.
My best friend in the whole world's youngest boy (she has 4), Sawyer. Isn't this adorable?
My friend (and former bball and track teammate) from highschool, Stephanie. Isn't this a gorgeous photo and bright blue? I love it!
My sweet little niece Samee sporting the only blue she has. Love the monkey too.
TJ and Brooke. One of myfavorite pictures from that weekend! He is almost looking at the camera (aka, me).
Others that participated I either didn't get photos or I counldn't for the life of me get the photo to save. SO here is what I did get. We had a total of 25 people wear blue that I know of that are friends of mine. This is not including the kids. If we add the kids it was over 46 that I can think of at this moment.
Announcement: If you didn't get to comment on the blog or tag me in a photo please do so for your child. I am doing a drawing for the children who wore blue. Let me know, did your child wear blue for autism awareness?
And the winner is........
Thank you for following and for commenting on my blog.
Message me on FB with your address and I will get your Starbucks gift card to you.
Thank you again for supporting and loving us. Your prayers keep us going. We are so blessed!
Kids drawing will be this weekend or next week sometime. Did your child wear blue last week?


















1 comment:
How great that you guys are surrounded by so much love and support from family and friends. You guys are truly blessed.
P.S.
I do the colored pancakes (Jaycoby LOVES picking the color every time we have pancakes now), but had never thought to do colored pizza crust (or bread). I am going to have to try it. I agree that it might be weird to eat, but Jaycoby would love it.
Post a Comment