Man did I hate that saying when I was a kid. Not much has changed since I was 7, 12, or 17. I still hate the saying. However, I am coming to terms with the fact that life just simply isn't fair. I have had a rough week. Tougher than most in a few areas. But through this I learned so many things. I have learned to speak slowly. Think long and hard about how I felt and what I wanted to convey. I have had to come to terms with the reality of certain situations, and there were a few tough ones. I have had to tell my self that life isn't fair. I have had to my girls that life isn't fair. Lots of things were not fair this week. For a few of us. (I suppose if we all want in on the whole "feelings" then we most likely all felt unfairness). I don't do well with certain worries. Worrying for and over my kids is an area I guess you could say I like to hold onto instead of handing it over to Christ. Another is in my marriage. I like to just keep it bottled up and to myself. I am getting so much better and releasing my feelings, worries and hurts to the one who never lets me down. God is bigger than all things in life that are not fair. He can and will take those things off me if I allow him to. I am letting Him and I feel a difference. Holding on to things myself will solve nothing. But releasing it to the healer of all hurts and worries makes a huge difference. Just a friendly reminder to myself and anyone else out there, cast all your cares upon Him.
We have had a few blunders and several blessings this week. Now that I have shared that life isn't fair, life this week has also been full of blessings. We have sold our couch to pay a bill that needed pd asap. We had a garage sale today and will again tomorrow to finish paying for the groceries needed for us and my side of the family to go camping. God is good. We just need the propane and gas tank filled and there we have an inexpensive vacation. We were blessed by a small but generous gift of the cost of tags on the trailer we use. We were blessed in a few other small areas and another with childcare for TJ during sale. Ron has been blessed to help his brother out on a job at the coast. He really looks up to his brothers work in construction and enjoys the time with him.
Although life is totally unfair and we will be hurt, feel alone, feel trapped, or left out, God is always blessing us. I chose after a terrible week to continue to look at the great things in my life. The blessings He has set before me. It's not always easy but they are there if I am willing to see them. So this week I tried my best to turn hurt, anger, resentment, doubt and fear into love, joy, appreciation and most of, seeing God through it all. It helped and I hope to continue to see this way when struggles come.
Here's to camping, bdays, family, friends, answers, forgiveness, appreciation, love, and most of all gratefulness.
4 years ago
3 comments:
I agree that life isn't fair.
I am sorry you are going through a valley right now. As an outsider it is easy to say "there will be an ending" but that always seems so heartless.
I will be praying for you and all the crap you have been going through.
Thanks for sharing Alyssa. You have had so much going on lately. I'll be praying that this camping trip will provide some much-needed relief from that. Love you!
Hello Alyssa, I really appreciate you for sharing. I believe that God gives us the people in our lives at just the right time. If there is anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to ask and I truely mean that. You can find me on facebook or through your Cousin Melissa.
Lori P.
Post a Comment