TJ turned four a few days ago and we had such a blast celebrating. He was SO excited the morning of his birthday when we did our tradition "wake up the bday person by gathering the family and sneaking in the room and start singing". His smile grew bigger and bigger as we sang. I think Ron and I both got a little teary eyed. He has grown and for the first time between bdays we have seen such drastic improvements is his speech, communication, play and much more. We have lived in the sorta "stuck" mode for almost 3 years. So this birthday was a very special one. And for the first time in three years we understand who he is a little better.
We celebrated on his bday with Ron's parents. We all went out to Red Robin. TJ was pretty bouncy but ate really well and had a blast opening up his wooden blocks train and puzzles. Tonight, Saturday, my parents came over for dinner and gifts and my sister and her girls came too. TJ got monster trucks and truck books/puzzles. It was a lot of fun. We ended the night by sitting out by the new fire pit on our nice patio. It was a great day as we spent it as a family. Much needed might I add.
I didn't sleep well the night before his birthday as I looked back at my journals I wrote at 1 a.m. the morning I was scheduled to have TJ, September 22, 2006. I was so nervous and excited. I even felt all that nervousness coming back as I really was taken back to that moment I was laying in bed writing down all my thoughts. I even once wrote in this special journal (I have one with each of my pregnancies), that I didn't care if TJ had anything wrong with him, we were just so excited to finally have a little boy. A son to carry on his daddy's name. TJ is named not only after Ron, but both of his grandpa's. Timothy, my dads name, and James, Ron's dad's name and Ron's middle name. This name is a name we had since before we even got married. Ron and I would often go for runs and talk about our future. We knew we wanted kids right away, to be pregnant within the first year of marriage, so we would often talk about baby names. Timothy James was the first thing that popped into our heads. And we would call him TJ.
So here I was a mess the morning of meeting TJ for the first time. The memories were so vivid. So precious. I love looking back at all the journals and letters I have written to my children. Little did I know that four years later we would be in the fight of our life to beat autism. To give our little boy all the tools he needs to be able to blend in and learn, function and behave appropriately to live the fullest life possible. I never could have imagined God would think I could be up for serving him by serving this beautiful child with a special need. That HE entrusted this to us. What a blessing. Again, what an honor!
Here are some of the pictures I could muster up, since we have a new computer with NO images on it, this is what I could get.
TJ on the tube for the first time in open water. He wasn't up for it at all but rode with Kaelyn, tears and all, for a minute or so. (Sept)

TJ got another haircut from daddy. He sits still and loves it. Ron pulled a fast one on me and I actually thought he may have left it like this. But he didn't. (Sept) I actually really love this photo.

TJ in my parents car on the way home from the coast for a day visit to the aquarium. (Aug)
My parents with all the grandkids for their first photo all together. Tj was even smiling. I love it. (Aug)
TJ is this big. Not sure which bird this was since he is covering up the name. But he's that big. ;) (Aug)
No comments:
Post a Comment