From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Sunday, January 9, 2011

Resolution

~ PROCESS OF RESOLVING-The process of resolving something such as a problem or dispute, the resolution of a difficulty
~DECISION- a firm decision to do something.
~DETERMINATION-firmness of mind or purpose
~SOLUTION- an answer to a problem

These are the definitions of resolution. I originally wasn't going to write anything about resolutions because they seem to be silly. I hear peoples "resolutions" and feel bad because normally I think to myself  "Ah, give it a month and they will forget all about their resolution.".

However, I had a friend who blogged her "goals" and I loved that. She had goals that were super attainable and would be exciting to reach. Not big things like quite an addiction, lose 200, never yell again. I don't know, but I've read things like that and its craziness. So with much thought to what I really want to accomplish this year I came up with this which fit into the definition of "resolution":

  • SEE the positive in ALL situations that come my way. No one can choose to do that for me except me. Being negative, AND/OR thinking the worst of a situation, is a problem that I really need resolved.
  • Learn to sew so I can fix things/do arts & crafts with the girls on a regular basis. There are times I give things to charity due to a rip or tear in it. I don't want to deal with it folded in a pile of stuff to go to my moms to be sewn. This is a problem I will find resolved.
  • To become totally debt free. Debt is a BIG, BIG problem in our society and has been in our life. Being debt free, especially with the times as they are, will be so freeing. Resolution, be debt free and have a financial plan set up. (Financial plan is currentlyin place, yay!)
  • Read one book a month. I NEED this time to myself. To drown myself into a novel, non-fiction, self help, whatever. I love to read and it's a problem I don't more often. I almost put a book every other week but who am I kidding, I need to keep it real. Although I CAN do that, I want to make sure that I make time when the kids are in bed for others things, not just read. Or I'll continue to read till 3 am and be grumpy and worthless the next day.
  • Get on board with a schedule for TJ doing his hands on activities. He is very repetitive, and I think a lot of our chaos is that I just "ignore" what I really should be doing with him. We just "get thru" our days. This is a huge problem. He needs this, I need this. So, all his fine and gross motor skills are being done daily with him.
  • PLAN a family vacation somewhere. ;) Have the plans in place, reserved sometime in 2011. At least have it concrete even if the trip is in 2012.
  • Blog my favorite recipes, book reviews, and have my mini guest blogger write some more. ;) She is a great little writer.
  • Lose some weight. No number amount I will willingly post on here, but to shed some pounds and continue to make healthier choices as we have been in the past week.
  • No tardies for the kids. This is huge, especially if you actually know me or are a parent of someone that goes to SCS. We were the poster child/parent of tardies for the past, well, uh hum, 7 years. The past few months have been the first time my children haven't had any tardies. Bring on the challenge. (Unless the car breaks down or something weird like that, but no tardies because mom couldn't get her butt out of bed.)
So with that said those are some of my serious yet basic goals for 2011. We have discussed more personal goals/resolutions that are more private and have those on paper as well. This is really the first year we have done this. It was fun.
By the way, what are your goals for the year? Do you have any real resolutions? You should try it! But keep it real. :)
Once again, Happy New Year.

1 comment:

red-headed Wilson's said...

Good luck. Those seem attainable and ones that will make a happier family. :)