For three and a half years we pleaded with God to help let our little boy speak, retain words, or even just point, so we would know what he wanted or needed. It has been a year since he started showing us what he wanted. 9 months ago he started repeating words we would say AND RETAINING THEM. Bedtime prayers are often difficult because he just can't stay focused.
In this video I pushed it a little longer. I wanted to record what it is like with him. You cannot sway him from whatever is on his mind. He has his thoughts and just cannot move away from whatever it is he is thinking of. However, he is pretty amazing. Listen to all his stories and words. Don't mind my impatience or the fact that I have NO idea how to edit a video. You get the whole thing ;)
So there are several things I have NO CLUE what he is talking about. Not sure about the frog, tiger, and elephant. The fire drill he had at school a whole month ago (we heard about that for a good two weeks straight, nothing since, so that was weird), there was a little more jargon that I ignored just because I didn't understand him. Everything that he said was totally random and that is just how we roll. It's always new and we are always on our toes. He did say Amen. Music to the ears.
So this is our boy. Although having a conversation with him is hard, it's so awesome. Even if he controls it because it usually is what he "can" talk about, it is so incredible that he has come this far. Wasn't this great?
1 comment:
I think I want to go night night after watching that. :) Wow. You do a great job with him. Stay consistent like that and you will have a boy that loves his Jesus. Good Job.
Post a Comment