From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Saturday, February 19, 2011

What Causes Autism? A Million Dollar Question!


"One in every 110 children born in the US will be diagnosed with autism. Dr. Oz, a panel of experts and pediatricians, and an audience of families..."

I refuse to debate why or how TJ got/has autism. I refuse for one reason only. It's like arguing over politics. People have their strong opinions and you will NEVER sway anyone from their deep thoughts and opinions on it. However, the reality is that people living with autism need help, and the help mainly comes from those living with the child with autism. I refuse to use my blog as a big sounding board, or anything for that matter, as a "sounding board". I DO want others to learn with me. There have been some super wonderful people in our life that have done a mini research, asked us, and talked openly with us about autism and I am forever grateful for those people. I DO NOT want sympathy, but love, patience and prayer. Not just for our little guy, but my girls that are effected as well. And for Ron and I. Very few will watch this video. I was sobbing instantly. The reality is that parents of children with autism struggle immensely. I have no idea what TJ's future holds. As I saw some of these kids, and parents, it pains me and puts me into that reality that this is me. Our kids are all different. But autism isn't. And it stinks that the "million dollar question" isn't answered yet. That is What causes autism? You never think about it, and you may even roll your eyes at some of my posts or the last 9 months of emotional posts, but I will plead with God that no one close to me will ever go through our continuous roller coaster. I pray that you took the few minutes to watch this one part of the show. The rest is debates and angry parents, but this video is most important. They say it well.
Thank you to those of you out there who love us and pray for us. Parenting is hard enough and parenting special needs is super hard. But I thank God for trusting us, loving us, and for carrying us through this journey. Without him, I am not sure how I would be doing right now.
Prayers to all my fellow fighters of special needs. You are loved!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Praying for you...

Hugs,
Melanie

Melanie said...

Praying for you...

Hugs,
Melanie