Each and every Wednesday that the kids have church Ron and I sorta dream about what we are going to do. Usually our hour and a half consists of walking Walmart to burn time or pick up the nick knacks that we need. Occasionally we will grab a bite to eat. Yesterday I told Ron that we should go on a date where we used to before we got married. TJ repeated "on a date". I asked him where he was going to take me. TJ replied, "On a date." So we thought it would be fun for Ron to teach TJ how to take him mommy on a date. It was really fun.
Tj chose a cupcake.
TJ ate the frosting off his cupcake.
This is the cake I had. Isn't it stunning? This was one of the side cakes we had in our wedding.
This is the cake I usually get because it was our wedding cake almost 12 years ago. It's delicious, and beautiful. Champagne cake.
Ron and I enjoyed our little date with Tj. It will be one of my most favorite memories. It was adorable watching Ron try and teach Tj the ropes. In a nutshell, we are grateful we have 14 years more to help TJ out in this area.
This is how the date went down:
TJ didn't understand how to hold the door open for me, Ron had to remind him "we don't pick our nose on a date". TJ, burped several times and laughed and announced that he burped. He also announced "need to go poop". TJ ate the frosting of his cupcake and ate at least a third of my slice of cake, without asking. :) He had to go to the bathroom twice, and played on Ron's cell phone. He was squirmy, ready to leave after he was finished eating even though his date hadn't finished her espresso. He kept checking himself out in the mirror, and he even sat on his dates lap. :)
He did however want to "go for a walk". So we went for one, after yet again, he didn't hold the door open on our way out. Ha, ha.
We held hands as we "walked" to the truck. Ron tried to show him how we unlock/open the car door and let the lady in first. TJ "helped" open the door and as Ron said, "let mom get in first" he climbed in to the truck first as he was saying "mom in first, mom in first." I couldn't help but giggle and just be in love with the moment. TJ was a great date and so was Ron. Watching Ron talk to TJ and take me out was so awesome. There is something about watching your husband teach his son how to treat a woman. Even though TJ is too young and developmentally behind, and would have failed miserably if he were 20, he did great and Ron is such a wonderful example. Tj has a lot going for him, especially with the role model in front of him.
Feeling blessed to have this time with my two most favorite boys is my life. God has so richly blessed me.





2 comments:
This is adorable. I loved the video!
I do dates with Jaycoby also. In fact, we are probably due for another. I started it after having Ella, but the special time is twofold for him: special time alone with mom and special time for mommy to show him how a lady likes to be treated. I need to follow your example and have him learn those things from Mike as well. I guess it isn't fair to only give him my perspective (his future girlfriend might appreciate it though)
How adorable! Made me get all teary eyed.
God has blessed this little sweet boy with wonderful parents.
I love you,
Aunt Linda
Post a Comment