From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Thursday, February 24, 2011

This is How Oregon Rolls in the Snow

Truthfully we are pathetic here in the valley. Then again a dusting of snow with Oregon drivers can be dangerous. We had a little over an inch here and 2 of the three schools were cancelled. The last being a 2 hr delay. I wasn't about to drive 20 minutes just to get one to school. So dad declared it a snow day for her too. Kaelyn ended up spending the day with my dad and nieces at his house. The rest of us played inthe snow from 745-10. By ten it was really starting to melt. Gone almost completely around noon. We have seen snow flurries off and on a lot of the day, with warm sun breaks. Typical for us. Sad for us.

However seeing the joy in the kids smiles and on their faces made today a wonderful and much needed day.

Made a snow angel all by himself. I was shocked he knew what it was.

My little love note to Ron since he was working.
Tj loved following the bike trails from the kids.

This kept him busy for a while.

Maddy eating snow.

Brooke making a snow pile.

My real Eskimo beauts. They look like naturals.

Loved this tree.

Another shot of our 6 hours of snow.

Awe, how cute. ;) I do love this guy a lot!!

Madelyn's snowman. Her and Brooke did a great job. The neighbor gave them pine cones and a carrot.

In honor of our snow day we made homemade snowman pizza's. It was so yummy!

So another snow day came and went. We are lucky if we get one a year. But we LOVE it. Gave me that itch for Alaska again. Wish it were that easy.......

No comments: