Today on the way home from school Brookelyn started reciting her memory verse that she learned in school. I asked her to repeat it as I knew it was something I needed to hear at that moment. A bad start to the day, lots of tears, tired, worried, and just plain grumpy. Her words were "Chapter 5 verse 7. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." I asked if she remembered what book it was found in. She wasn't sure. I thanked her for saying her verse and that it was just what mommy had needed to hear. We got home and looked in the Bible together and found that it was in 1 Peter. We got talking about how we need to give God our worries because he will take care of us and worry about those things for us. He is in control. All things happen for a reason, even when we don't understand. We began to talk about Heaven and how we get there. I saw the opportunity to talk about Gods grace and mercy and about salvation. What it means to love God and serve him, And about forgiveness. We had a situation happen the other day when we needed to be sorry and be forgiving. I used that example. She said she wanted to be forgiven and have Jesus in her heart. She said, "I want to make sure I will go to Heaven if I die tomorrow". Not sure why, but she said that several times. I had the great honor of helping Brookelyn say that very special prayer. She asked the Lord into her heart today. I am blessed that God not only has saved me but he has saved another one of my children. She felt the call to ask questions and wants to have HIM in her HEART. That brings me greater joy than anything else in my life. I pray that they will continue to learn about the Lord and want to serve him with all they have.
I am adding this late into the night. At bedtime prayer Madelyn and I talked about what it means to be a Christian and what it is that Jesus did for us. She asked if I would help her pray so she could ask the Lord into her heart. I never wanted to bring it up with the kids. I thought when it made sense they would just ask. It hit me when a woman said how great it is to be the one to share that moment with your child. It may not happen but what great joy to talk often about what it means to be saved. I missed that chance with Kaelyn, although someone else got to share that joy in helping Kaelyn accept the Lord, I got to hear Madelyn and Brooke. Both in the same day. Hoping to just plant those seeds and going to bed with my girls saved. And being so happy about it. "Thank you God for chosing my children to be your own. I give you all the praise and glory! Continue to bless their lives!"
Have a beautiful weekend!
1 comment:
Praise God!
That is so cool!
Post a Comment