4 years ago
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Blessings not Burdens
This week I seemed to have a little trouble getting into my Bible study. As we discussed our findings one of the ladies made a comment that made me feel like I"woke up". I realized that I am not really living. I am waking up in the morning with a plan of "Lets get through the day". I am tired most of the time, I am busy most days, the laundry piles up faster than I get it washed, some days I wonder why I even vacuum. Not to mention the dishes, sinks, toilets, floors, bedrooms, table, dusting, cooking, grocery shopping, volunteer at school, Bible Study, kids up, dressed, lunches made, room mom responsibilities, get them to school, pick them up from school, homework, reading, baths, teeth, potty, one last drink of water and FINALLY bedtime. Most of the time all theses things are just another thing I have to do. I know that I am very blessed, with everything that I have always wanted, and more importantly, needed. I am not getting to enjoy the blessings in my life because I feel so busy and run down. Really it is because I have so many blessings. ;) I need to really take in all that I have been blessed with and GET to do. Not worry about what doesn't get done and enjoy the most precious things to me. My husband, my children and my relationship with the Lord. I have decided that I will wake up each morning and the first thing I will do is pray and tell myself "This is the day that the Lord has made and I WILL rejoice and be glad in it!" So, tomorrow morning when I hear the alarm blast music I will remind myself of all my blessings and that the blessings are all the things I get to get up and do for the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just what I needed to hear this week! Thank you for sharing and for the GREAT reminder.
Post a Comment