Morgan and Kaelyn
Morgan is my cousin Scott & Charlene's daughter. Kaelyn was so excited to be on a team with a cousin.
Kaelyn
So, this is the picture that we got of her because I had the camera and spend a little too much time yelling for the kids and watching the game. I forget to take the picture. :( SO next week Ron will have the camera for Madelyn's game.

My niece Lili (Stephanie's daughter)
She shoots, she scores. I can't believe I even got the picture!
My niece Lili (Stephanie's daughter)
She shoots, she scores. I can't believe I even got the picture!
Future basketball star? Very likely!
Future in fashion? Unlikely!
(Capri's and boots, really? Guess next time I will check her bag before she has a sleep over).
These photos are past due. They are from yesterdays game. We finally got our connector for our camera to download pictures. We have had such a blast watching the kids play basketball. They always learn so much and Upward is such a great program. I can't believe how nice of a shot Madelyn has. She is very timid when going for the ball, dribbling and passing but Kaelyn was the same way.Every game Madelyn gets a little less timid. Kaelyn has become SO aggressive. That "you're not going to push me around" kind of attitude. I love it. She going after the ball and not afraid to shoot.
They both are gaining confidence. We really focus on talking a lot about defense with them. The offensive skills will come. And I must say they are doing well considering we do not own a basketball hoop and have never played ball with them. :( That is high on our wish list, it is every year). Maybe we will get one and it will be all their bday gifts.
Brookelyn loves basketball and loves going to their practices. She cannot wait to play next year. She has a surprisingly great shot. She is such a giant. She will be the one in 3-4 grade team where people will want to see a birth certificate. She seriously is THAT tall. She towers over all the kids in her pre-k/kindergarden class and is taller than half, if not more, of the 1st grade class at her school. (she is 4)
This is always a bittersweet time of year for us. We love bball and all that comes with it. The noise, loud music, tunnel, announcing of the teams, the sound of the cheering, kids yelling and clapping, the concessions, and the pride and joy we have in seeing our children grow and become better player and teammates. With that does come driving to town and practices twice a week (Thx family, dad mostly for taking KK, and Steph for taking Maddy), and early morning Saturdays. I miss my sleeping in Saturdays but can survive it for 9 weeks.
What a blessing that the girls enjoy something Ron and I were passionate about. It may not stick with all of them, or any, but we are grateful they are enjoying it now. Learning about teamwork and not giving up, giving their all, and success.
Basketball! Got to love the game!
No comments:
Post a Comment