From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday's Radical Recipe

I have decided to spice up my blog with a weekly fun, easy or favorite recipe of our families. I am really starting to love cooking. Now that we are not eating out and cooking more I am having to get creative and try new things. The kids have "taste tested" a few new things and both have gone over well. They are adjusting to me cooking real food and not just throwing chicken nuggets in the oven, making mac and cheese, top ramen, or pizza. We have always had a few favorites. I can't wait to share with you. Try them out and give me your feedback. I will even try some of your favorites and post on my blog if you want to send them my way. ;) (reminder: I am picky).
Just an FYI, you will not see meatloaf or liver and onions on here. I may even get Ron on here to blog his favorite meal. I will try to even post the cost it takes to make some of these favorites.
TODAY'S RADICAL RECIPE:
The kids and I made this last night. It is SO good. Tastes almost identical to Great Harvest Breads Ultra Healthy Muffins. (Ron and I think anyway) .
Crock Pot Muffin Bars
3 C. Oats (not instant)
1 C. Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 C. dried fruit. (any of your choice) (optional as well)
*Mix dry ingredients in crock pot with spoon*
1 C. milk
2 eggs
2-3 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 C. Butter (melted)
*Mix together and add to dry ingredients*
*Mix well*
Cook on LOW for 4-5 hours in crock pot.
Let it cool in crock pot before removing. At least an hour up to several hours.
HOW DID IT TURN OUT?
Well, I am not sure you can mess these up. We had no dried fruit, so they were fruitless. We forgot the butter but they still tasted GREAT! Like the Ultra Healthy muffins I LOVE from Great harvest. I am actually going to try this in a day or two with frozen blueberries (and the butter) ;). This recipe is simple, very quick and took all of about 5 minutes from start to finish, if that. It got a little overcooked on one side of crock pot and was a little "wet" on one side from leaving over night to cool. They are firm heavy and filling. The perfect quick breakfast or snack.
A hit in our house!
This recipe was altered slightly from the blog crockpot lady. (on left side of my page under favorite sites). Check it out!

No comments: