Again I am posting a quick, VERY quick recipe for Taco Soup. Don't let the name of it scare you. YOU WILL LOVE IT! I promise. It is one of our favorites and to be honest with you, the first several times my mother-in-law made this I didn't take part in the eating. What was I thinking??? I have tampered with the recipe and so can you. But try this first then tamper with it.
TACO SOUP
1 lb (1/2 lb)Hamburger
1 (1/2 pkt)pkt McCormick's Taco Seasoning (or your favorite brand) Optional
1/2-1 Yellow Onion
2 (1) can Kidney Beans (drained) I also rinse
1 can Corn (sweet white is my fav and I use organic S.W Corn from Costco)
3 (2) cans Tomato Sauce OR 1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce (i use tomato sauce)
1 can Diced Stewed Tomatoes (we like the onion and garlic mix)
Add some water to crock pot to make it more soupy 1-2 cans ??
Grated Cheese
Salsa
Sour Cream
Taco Chips
*NOTE* This recipe feeds my whole family (6) and I then put all leftovers in a Tupperware microwave/freezer safe container. You can put in fridge for later in the week as leftovers or in the freezer for another week. This recipe literally will feed all of us twice. If you have a smaller family and don't care for this much leftovers use the blue amounts. That is what original recipe called for.
Cook hamburger meat and onion in pan, when cooked add the taco seasoning. Follow instructions for simmering meat/seasoning. If electing not to add seasoning you can add to Crock Pot when cooked.
While meat is cooking put Tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, corn, and kidney beans into Crock Pot. When hamburger is complete add it into the Crock as well. You can toy around with the water. Use what you like for desired thickness or soupyness.
COOK LOW ALL DAY OR HIGH FOR 2-4 HOURS.
This can also be made on the stove but we all know that the longer it simmers the better it tastes!
About fifteen minutes before serving dinner you can grate the cheese and get all the other ingredients out. When serving, sprinkle cheese, add desired amount of salsa, and sour cream on soup and mix it in. Scoop and eat with chips or break your chips a few at a time in your soup. Mmmm! Enjoy!!
4 years ago
2 comments:
Reading this made me reallllly hungry:)
Our family loves taco soup as well. I would've never tried it before either, but then a friend brought it for dinner after I had Jaycoby and I LOVED it (The things you'll try when you're being polite, huh?).
Post a Comment