From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Monday, February 2, 2009

Maddy B ~1 Week~ And a good case of the flu!

Well we have survived a week.Maddy is still not eating much at all. We are still having trouble getting her to drink. We even bought Capri Suns to see if she would drink many of those down since they are gone so quickly if in the house. Usually from children sneaking them. Namely Maddy and Brooke. ;)
I talked to a nurse with her surgeon and she said that when she is eating and drinking normal diet is when she can try going back to school. WHAT! I was hoping to not have her home for more than a week. Not that I don't enjoy her home but she has missed a lot of school this year already. On top of that she has a hard time getting seat work done at school for some reason. She can get papers done so quickly at home. We may try a few half days, we will see.
Well, Ron has been sick since Friday and still isn't better. He has been up for 3 nights now. He had no choice but to make it to work today. He has a terrible cold. (On top of the tummy flu he had Fri/Sat.). I was terrible sick Saturday night and fought that "sick" feeling all night. I tried to sleep through it as much as possible. It helped some.
Ron ended up taking the kids, except Maddy, to Brinley's bday party. They all did well I guess. KK came home feeling sick to her tummy again. :( She is home today. I kept Brooke home as well more out of selfish reasons. I was not about to get up and use the gas to take her to school for 2.5 hrs. Couldn't justify that. Now that I have her home, she is complaining of her tummy hurting. She still wanted to play outside. Fine with me. If she is sick better to throw up outside than inside right? I think so anyway. ;)
So, just to keep us accountable, I am going to share with you about our debt reduction plan. Ron and I sat down and truly did our budget last week. It was really overwhelming yet freeing. To know what is needed and where. We pulled out our grocery cash that is left for this week. Its not much but we have to make it work. It was kind of fun to go and use a few dollars and walk out with just what was necessary rather than free spending. And we were even tempted to buy pizza. But didn't. Didn't have it in our budget. Phooey and Yay! at the same time. Just thought that I would share that with you.
Have a super week......

No comments: