We have made it five days now and she is definitely starting to get through the tough part. She REALLY wanted to go to her bball game today (only to cheer them on) and I took her and Brooke and TJ since they are healthy. She made it part way through her game and got very sleepy and run down. We made the mistake of taking her out today. She survived but really is in no shape to be out. She is still on her pain meds every 4 hours. If we go past that she is a mess, for all of us.
As you have read over the past few days we have had all sorts of things happening. Ron has the flu bug and Kaelyn stayed the night with my parents last night. My mom text me around 8 saying that KK had been throwing up since 4 in the morning. SO this is definitely going to go through the house. I was surprised she got sick because she has been at the house the least out of all of us. She was a little bummed about missing her bball game. She misses one every year. The last 2 yrs have been for strep though.
It seems like a pretty tough weekend to be battling all this. We missed a bday party today for my best friends son (Happy Birthday Colton) and will most likely miss my niece's party tomorrow (Happy Birthday Brinley). I guess we could go sick but then we wouldn't hear the end of that if others got it. Decisions, decisions. I never make the right ones. ;)
I called the Dr from Maddy's surgery and was told that if she gets the flu and starts to throw up at all, and it continues, that we need to not waste any time to get her to the ER for fluids. Since she is already not drinking like she should or eating, that each time she throws up means her body needs to replenish that fluid. Which with this bug wouldn't happen. He was pretty adamant and it made me a little nervous. If you are reading this I ask that you will lift her in prayer that she will not get sick. That her body can just heal from the surgery and not have the flu to worry about.
As of about 5 hours ago I am not feeling so well either. I am choosing to believe I will fight it and not get sick. (Should work right? Mind over matter?) But the headache tends to make me think otherwise. How I feel is how Ron's started. Ugh! Oh yeah, I have lost a few more pounds. On my way to 40. Not too shabby after lots of cheating. :)
Well, that's all there is for today. What a week!
No comments:
Post a Comment