Maddy B is scheduled for 9 a.m. surgery. We are to be there at 8. As I blogged previously, she is very nervous. We have talked about what will happen as far as checking in and her walking with the nurse for just a few minutes like Brooke did last year (tubes and adenoids) and TJ (tubes)did a month ago. She is happy that her nana got her a stuffed raccoon to take with her along with her blankie she has had since she was born. She has a few popsicles stocked up and lots of movies picked out t0 watch and games ready to be played. I think she is feeling a little more at ease about it. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I have read her the comments already and she seemed shy but happy that people are praying for her.
Last night we were so blessed to be invited to a game night with friends. It was our first time going and we had a blast. Minus the fact that TJ got into their toilet, not once but twice! MB was so happy that she got to play with 2 of her friends one more time before her surgery. She is a little bummed to miss school especially since they are doing a thing on penguins. I guess I will have to do some research and keep her up to date with the last 2 (I think is what she said) that they have left to learn about.
I will post tomorrow after we are home. Ron is taking a few days off so that is nice for me. And we have some great family and friends who are helping get kids to and from school. Thank you so much to all of you!
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment