Tonsillectomies are such a minor surgery but when living consists of breathing and eating and drinking it tends to be pretty torturous. Everything goes by those wounded areas. The air alone must be horrible. I know how much I hate it when I have that terrible cold where your throat hurts beyond description. It must be worse than that. :(
As for the rest of the us, we are hanging on. Ron has not felt well but has missed so much work last week and this week that he is getting through. We are not sure if he has what TJ had or not. He was supposed to get OT tonight but isn't going to be able to. He is at work just trying to make it through the day.
We started a new book this last week. Whoa! It's a toughie. It is the "Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey. I would love to blog on that journey for sure but have enough on my plate already. I am following a blog that is super awesome that is documenting their attack on debt. I highly suggest checking it out. The box is to the left "Cents To Get Debt Free". I have spent hours upon hours reading their story and getting pumped for mine. We may get made fun of or talked about but at some point in our life we will owe NO ONE money. I cannot even imagine. We are not taking any easy way out (which is really the hardest way out). We are taking control and holding ourselves accountable to all we have done for ten years. It is something that is private and personal. Sort of like marriage. But at the same time with more discussion and more put out there the healthier we would be. Can you imagine how strong we would be to have less debt in this country? To have strong solid marriages that chose to love and stay together not bail when it gets tough? There are those situations where divorce needs to take place or bankruptcy must happen. I am not dumb to that. But the musts are such a small percentage and we lie to ourselves to make us feel better about it. I will fight each and every day to not have either of those a part of my life. If you have any debt, I highly suggest you reading this book. Hey, we can do it together. :) Just kidding. Let's stick with the Love Dare book for now. ;) But for real, check it out. You'll be glad you did. I know that we are. Instead of wondering where our money went and "having too much month left after the money is gone" we sit down each and every payday and tell our money where it is going. What a freeing feeling. With as much bills as income we are finding a way, through being accountable for every last penny. Will we mess up at times? Maybe, but this is it. We are mad and sick and tired of living and working to give our money out. Its ours, and it may take a while but we are taking it back.
YEAH! Now I feel good.
~Have a good day! I know I will!~
No comments:
Post a Comment