From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tonsillectomy here we come...

Well we had Maddy's pre-op today and it went alright. She immediately got very nervous and became upset. She had her hearing test first which wasn't off to a good start. She gets so nervous, remember that feeling before a track race or game? That is what she must be feeling. She gets incredibly nauseous and becomes upset. The tears start filling her eyes and then instantly she is a goner. There is no turning back once she gets to this point. I used to get so nervous so I understand how she is feeling. It is SO very hard to watch your kids be so upset and to literally not know how to calm them down. I'm not talking about a tantrum or fit but to be SO nervous..... It is the worst thing. So, after about 5 minutes we got her to calm down to get her in the "box" for her hearing test. It really is harmless but this whole surgery just worries her so much. Hmm, like her mom just an inkling maybe? I'm thinking so. She did great though.
Next we were off to see the Dr. He is very good and we really like him. He is good with the kids too. She did well when he did all the checks and I signed papers. We went over all my responsibilities and hers as well. She has to drink LOTS and LOTS of water and eat LOTS and LOTS of Popsicles! She is excited for that. I will be blogging about this. I read someone elses once and thought it was great and full of great info and what to expect. I liked it. Plus you can keep her in your prayers. Feel free to leave her comments. You do not need to be a blogger or have an account to do so. You can do it anonymously. I will read them to her. She might like that.
Be back soon with more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be brave my sweet Maddy! I Love you SO SO SO SO much! My life is much brighter having you as my niece. Love Auntie :)

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

Enjoy your popsicles Maddy!! You remind me of Madeline, the story book character, she got to be the special one at the orphanage and all the other little girls ended up wanting their tonsils out, too. Tell your mom to get you that book!