From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Maddy B Recovery Day 2

Maddy B watching tv with her little raccoon Nana gave her before surgery. Her new little friend.

Maddy has been doing exceptionally well for having half her throat tortured. She is feeling good. I believe this is for 3 major reasons. 1st, I would say that there were SO many prayers being sent up for her. Thank you all for that. She had very little nerves. It was the prayers for sure. Nothing else. Ron and I give all that credit to God for answered prayers and for all of you who lifted her in prayer. 2nd, I would have to be 100% sold on the fact that we have not missed any doses of her pain meds. We were late once by a half hour and she was hurting pretty bad. Every four hours ON THE NOSE! We even set our alarms during the night. We are hoping to move her to just ibuprofen soon but are in no hurry. 3rd, we are blessed that Madelyn LOVES to watch tv. The kids don't get it to too much but wow! She will watch tv and be in a zone that only her, and maybe her dad, understand. I think this has helped so much to allow her to watch tv all day long, play Littlest Pet Shop on the computer and a little PlayStation. She is not necessarily having fun, but it keeps her mind off her sore throat.

Her neck has begun to hurt just a little. This was expected. She is not as interested in drinking her water or Gatorade but was happy to have a pink Nike water bottle that is helping some. She hasn't had much of an appetite which seems weird. She ate so well the first and second days. Surprisingly she has yet to finish a popsicle. She gets started and isn't so interested after the first few bites. Her diet consists of chicken noodle soup, pudding (snack packs, as seen on Billy Madison), jello, Gatorade and lots and lots of dum dums and lifesavers. The dr said that sucking on hard candies help with the healing of her throat due to all the swallowing of saliva. And she can also chew gum. We are saving that for the next few days. Mmmm!

So for those of you that are wondering, I did look in her throat. I will spare you the details. It was incredibly disgusting. I feel so bad for her too because the bad breath hasn't set in. About ten months ago when Brooke has her tubes redone and adenoids taken out, her breath was SO bad. I felt really sorry for her. There was nothing we could do. People thought that TJ has messed his diaper that is how terrible it was. And you could smell it around the room. I worry and feel bad for Maddy because she knows that will be coming any day now. It doesn't help when big sister makes comments. (Personally Miss KK is battling a little jealousy over all the attention Maddy is getting.) She is worried about going back to school and "smelling". Maybe they will let her suck on candy or chew gum. We are praying that will help.

SO, other than being sore we have been very blessed that she healing and feeling way better than expected. If you are reading this please pray for her, and the rest of us, that we will not get whatever flu bug it was that TJ had. That was horrible. I will leave it at that.

Thanks again and again for praying for our Maddy. Sorry I didn't get an update on here sooner. Like I tell the kids, "I only have two arms. I am not an octopus!" Or attachable "extra" arms/ removable arms. (That was too funny Janci and Gina.)

No comments: