From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Sunday, February 15, 2009

Why Blog?

I got to thinking today and the hundreds of blogs I have clicked on to read. I am amazed at the different reasons why people blog and what people are blogging about. There are blogs to keep in touch with family. It's cheaper than sending out pictures and paying the postage. It's fun. I love to sit and let loose on typing. It's moving. Some blogs have the most amazing stories of beating the odds or carrying out a memory of someone. It's motivating. I am inspired many times by the things people choose to write about. I have been so motivated by a few blogs that I chose to have a few more other than this. It's freeing. I love to write, journal and talk. This is a perfect place to be me and not care what anyone thinks. Blogging is a place where I can write all the things I think and feel. Too much information? Putting it out there? Revealing more than I should? First I believe that without people willing to put things out there we will never learn, be encouraged , be accountable and know that we are not alone in any circumstance.

Can you imagine if the great Rev. Billy Graham would have decided not to share God's message? If wonderful women like Beth Moore would have not listened to God's calling to become one of the greatest authors of studies I have been so privileged to be a part of? If some of the blogs I am following would not put there personal stories out there for me to read, I would not be living and doing some of the things I am doing. I also think that there are many things people do not want to talk about. These people I look up to have stepped out of a certain comfort zone to speak out. They have put themselves out there to be watched and/or criticized.

While blogging isn't for everyone, it is for me. It is the one place I can be exactly who I am. I can write all that I think, feel and what I am proud of. I love my kids. My blogging and sharing my family is no different than showing off my kids on facebook or myspace. I am able to keep in touch with many distant family and friends. It is what is on my heart. I am proud of who I am , who I will become, what I stand for and what I blog about. Nothing comes without a price. I am willing to be criticized. I am proud to say that I am the blogger of the two blogs on the top of my page. My Desire and My Obsession. I am not proud of what led to our blog on debt, but without our situation we would not be where we are today. I am proud of my marriage but am not too proud to know that without putting Ron first, showing respect, and relying of Christ to help me, I will fail.

The most important thing is that Ron and I are in this blogging together. He supports me and what I write. I hope that you too will find something in my journeys through my life that give you comfort that we are all in this together.

It feels so very good to read others ideas, thoughts and parenting struggles. Without these things I would feel more alone in my walk through life. We all share in so many trials and triumphs. If I help one person know that they are not alone then I have repaid what someone else's blog has done for me.

Be proud of who you are. Don't stop doing what you love. We are all different and love different things.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Love it! :) I agree that "putting yourself out there" is a very good tool to keep yourself humble but also to help yourself and/or others who might be in the same spot as you are/were. :) Keep up the good work!