From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Monday July 12, 2010

*This was our email sent to immediate family and some of our dearest friends lastnight*

So here we are, almost 5 months later we have finally made it to TJ's evaluation day for autism. We will be heading up to OHSU in the morning, Tuesday the 13th. You are our dearest family, our closest friends and some of you are beautiful moms who have been gracious enough to pray for me through out the school year as we watched our kids learn at school. Thank you for those of you who have prayed and are still praying for Ron and I and the kids through all this.

Tj will be evaluated in the morning. Ron and I will be headed up there with Ron's mom. She will be helping with Tj when the specialists need to talk with us. In full truthfulness this has been overwhelming. I know that unless you have been in our shoes you have no idea the stress it has had on us. Don't get me wrong, we fully trust in out God. He is and always will be faithful. We have never questioned that. It would be a huge fat lie to say that we have everything under control in our house and our minds. We don't! We fall apart occasionally, especially when having a bad day with TJ. Even those closest to us do not know the full impact of our daily stress. It's easier to put a smile on our face, talk about it like it is all okay and going to be ok. The reality is we are struggling. We struggle to keep TJ safe, discipline him appropriately, take time for each of the kids, careful not put so much on the girls to "help" with him, and most of all Ron and I and our marriage. This is the deepest valley of stress we have encountered and I know through God's faithfulness we will look back on this whole journey and feel blessed. But right now it is taking a big toll on us than we let on.

Specific prayers:
~For clear diagnosis! Whatever it is.
~For TJ that he will do good and that his issues will clearly be seen, and that his strong points will be noted as well!!
~For calmness while they evaluate TJ and that we will be ready to hear whatever the results are.
~Unity and patience for Ron and I in our marriage.
~For compassion and understanding from those around us.
~If TJ is diagnosed as autistic that we will ALL accept this, no denial.
~That God will place the right tools before us. Even if not autistic, we have a long road ahead of us. He has some issues and we need tools to manage his outbursts, safety, comprehension of things around him, and his listening and responding to us.

Ron and I both know that no measure of love and passion in parenting TJ will change after tomorrows evaluation but we hope for SOME answers. ANY answers. Some help in better ways to parent, redirect and make life easier for him, and truthfully, FOR US! I will do my best to update you in a timely manner.
Thank you to each of you for loving us, being a part of our lives and for lifting us up in prayer! We need prayer more than you know, more than we know, and more than we would ever let on. Our pride gets in the way sometimes.
We love and appreciate you. Thank you mostly to my women friends who have been praying for me. Being a stay at home mom has not been easy! I appreciate you!!

~Alyssa and Ron

**Results to be blogged tomorrow as I am functioning on 3 hrs of sleep**

1 comment:

red-headed Wilson's said...

O, Alyssa. :( I am sorry you had to hear those words but so excited that you have something to work with. I will continue to pray for you guys and I know prayers work. TJ could not have been placed with better pranets though. You two are loving and understanding and will grow him into a wonderful person.