From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Tuesday, July 27, 2010

100th Post, I Think I'll Boast....

ABOUT MY GOD GIVEN DAY!!!!
Today my sister and best friend gave birth to her second daughter. Samantha Marie. I can't tell you how much of a blessing today was. There were so many things that have brought my sister and I closer in the past week and we shared hurt, anger, things of the past, laughter, joy and friendship. It just didn't seem like it could get any better after the conversations we have had lately. But today sealed the deal on a new found joy and respect for her. (Not that I didn't have that before. You would have had to be in our conversations the past few weeks to totally get it I suppose). A new love in their little family of now four. Here is my day. It really is about the birth but so many things happened within me. And this is my part of the story!
Jake, Lili and Steph before.
Me holding lili up at window. She was the first of all of us to see Samantha's little head after they took her out. Steph had a section and we got to be by the window by the OR. It was emotional, exciting and Michelle, Mom, Dad, Gma Edwards, and Kaelyn were there too.
I was crying, lili started crying. She put her head into my shoulder and it was the most incredible moment I have ever had with my sweet girl. I didn't get to be there for her birth. I didn't hold her for weeks because she was in the NICU and only 2 and 1/2 pounds. I never got to change her diapers or anything that an auntie get to do for their niece when she is just a newborn. I didn't get to cry with my sister as she saw her and loved on her for the first time. I felt like I was enjoying those emotions for Samantha AND for Lili with all that I missed when she was born. I don't talk about it because I was jealous, not really sure of who or what, and I was sad I didn't have that. But today, TODAY, it was like I had all of that as I shared with her becoming a big sister. I am speechless. I just held her and cried. Theses pictures are priceless!


Telling her I love her and asking her if she was ok. And I told her how proud I was to be her auntie!! This is what I needed with her. Priceless!

The happy family of four right after Steph got to see and hold her for the first time. Do they not look SO PROUD, excited, relieved, elated, HAPPY? I love this photo!!!!
SAMANTHA MARIE 7# 12 OZ. 19 INCHES BORN @ 9:44 am

Jake with his girls!!!!!! And Lili holding her little sis Samee for the 1st time!


Can't remember what was being said but Kaelyn and Lili were listening.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S MY TURN!!!!!!!! The tears just kept rolling!


On my way to give her her first kisses!!


Later when I got her back. I got to love on her, rock her, console her, cry with her and talk to her. I had her for at least 15 minutes alone. It was beautiful!!!!


Liliann Alyssa and myself. My special niece. I am blessed to have her in my life.

So these are just a few pictures out of the several hundred that were taken today. These are the moments I am cherishing tonight. I love my family, my sister and her girls. I am happy! I am proud! I am a proud auntie of 12 nieces and nephews. Today I got to focus on these two.
Thank you Lord for your blessing. May I focus and be reminded of each and every one of them. Especially the little ones in my life.
I will post more pictures of the kids with Samee and of my family another day. :)

3 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

Congrats. I love being an auntie on the day they are born. It is so thrilling to go to a hospital and wait for them to come. So glad you got to be there for this new one. So precious.

Nicole said...

Congrats Alyssa! So beautiful to hear things from the Auntie perspective. I know there are no words to describe how you feel when it's your own child coming into the world, but I have yet to experience being an auntie myself. I cannot wait until that day comes and am touched by your post... Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! Congrats!

PS love your smile!