We'll do hunting today. However, what a wonderful Christmas week we have had. It was busy but a lot of fun. The week went by with nothing but good, fun times. Ron has done and lot of hunting. He will go several more times this next week, taking turns taking the girls as well. Speaking of hunting here is a few pictures of some of his hunts.
Club that Ron pd to be a part of. Limited people and easy place to take girls.
Another hunt from the club.
Ron and Carbon with birds from Umatilla Hunt he goes on each year over after Thanksgiving.
Always great results!
Four limits reached at Umatilla, plus few from day before. Ron went with my dad and a few friends.
Summer Lake, the trip that the girls and I went on with Ron. We stayed in the lodge and colored, read and
watched movies while Ron got his first birds of the season. It was a lot of fun.
Rons 4th year going there, the kids and I's 2nd year.
Ron helping Kaelyn try on her new waders before she got to go hunting with Ron the following day.
The bird Ron got with Kaelyn. She had a lot of fun.
Hunting is something that is time consuming if you have a husband who isn't willing to think of his family first. Ron has always been wonderful about asking/talking to me first and planning some days around plans that I or we may have. He hunts early and is usually home around noon to spend the rest of the day with us. I have never felt "left or abandoned" while he goes hunting. Bird hunting is so much nicer than game hunting. That can be an all day thing. Bird is more morning/evening type thing. I fully support Ron having his hobbies. I think it's so important for men to have hobbies so they get a break from things as well. Being a provider is a HUGE job. They need to have time to be "quiet" and enjoy some time away from the chaos of work and home. As long as it is done responsibly. Which we haven't ever had a problem with that I can remember. Ron has always been great about me getting out too when I want or need to.
Here's to hunting traditions, holidays and family!
Christmas posts to come.
Hunting is something that is time consuming if you have a husband who isn't willing to think of his family first. Ron has always been wonderful about asking/talking to me first and planning some days around plans that I or we may have. He hunts early and is usually home around noon to spend the rest of the day with us. I have never felt "left or abandoned" while he goes hunting. Bird hunting is so much nicer than game hunting. That can be an all day thing. Bird is more morning/evening type thing. I fully support Ron having his hobbies. I think it's so important for men to have hobbies so they get a break from things as well. Being a provider is a HUGE job. They need to have time to be "quiet" and enjoy some time away from the chaos of work and home. As long as it is done responsibly. Which we haven't ever had a problem with that I can remember. Ron has always been great about me getting out too when I want or need to.
Here's to hunting traditions, holidays and family!
Christmas posts to come.






1 comment:
I agree. Men need an outlet. Do you actually eat the birds? :)
I think it is fun for girls to learn to hunt as well.
Post a Comment