From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Monday, December 15, 2008

One of Those Days

So each and every year the girls in my family head to the coast for a few days for our "girls trip". It is something that we all look forward to. We mention it when we are camping in the summer, get excited about it during the holidays and once the new year comes we know it is right around the corner. We get to start planning. The dates we are going, what we are going to bring, and how many days the girls stay before we ship them home with dad/papa so we get adult girl time for a night or two. If you have anything that is like this you know exactly what I am talking about. Every year we go shopping. The crazy thing when we shop is we go to the outlets and look, several times through the week. We make very few purchases. We are very particular about what we buy. If we do buy something most of the time we decide we don't' want it and take it back. (Mostly Michelle but who's counting). ;) We love the trinkets we find, the books we get, and the clothes and shoes of course! Michelle, Steph and I love the time we spend with mom and grandma. We laugh, and very hard many many times throughout the days. We keep them up late and watch a girlie movie. We have the greatest time EVER! When the little ones are there we love comb the beach for seashells and rocks. Each one is very special to the kids. And we bring each one home. (They slowly disappear but they haven't seemed to notice yet).

What makes me write about this in the middle of the holiday season? I found a card that I bought several years back at one of our favorite little stores. I loved what it said on the front. I bought it for me and my intention was to frame it, but never did. I wanted to share it with you. Maybe you will laugh as I do when I read it and yet find the encouragement to keep your faith the center of even the stressful moments.

One of Those Days
Lord, I am having one of THOSE days...
The devils at his best...
It seems that nothings going right...
Could this be a test?
I'm overwhelmed, discouraged...
With a rotten attitude...
Stressed beyond my wildest dreams...
I've lost my fortitude.
So I'm on my knees now Father...
With a prayer I know you'll hear...
Fill me with your loving spirit...
Make your presence near.
Bless me now and give me strength...
To start this day anew...
And to keep my eyes upon You...
In all I say and do.
~Kathy R. Wofford~

No comments: