From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Friday, December 26, 2008

Worst Christmas, chapter 1

Gpa and Gma Worst make the rounds to all of our houses on Christmas Eve so they can give their gifts to us and the kids and take the time to help them open them and play/read with them. It really is a nice time and it gives us a chance to spend extra time with them as a family. They get to give the kids each special attention when we do the day like this. For the past few years they have started with breakfast at Eric and Cami's, lunch here with us and then to Skip and Lynette's for dinner. Since Sonny and JoAnna live in Eugene they get a whole other day with them. That's nice for them. They are well fed I'm sure have a few cups of coffee at each house. :) On Christmas Day we go to their house for dinner with the whole entire family. This year instead of gifts for everyone or the kids drawing names, we drew families. This was actually a wonderful idea and it went over really well. The kids played hide and seek (I played a few times and let me tell you, I had the BEST hiding spot. Well, it's a toss up with Ashland and Madelyn who it took me along time to find). It was a lot of fun although some of us were not in a very good mood. (Of course that person wouldn't have been me!) But my nieces and nephews and my own beautiful children took me out of that. ;)
Kaelyn, Brookelyn and Madelyn wearing their new vests from Gma and Gpa Worst.
SO CUTE!!!

Kaelyn with her cousin Nyah showing off their candy necklaces that they made.

TJ just opened his cars from gma and gpa. And boy does he love cars!
Chapter 2 coming soon.......

1 comment:

Mike and Mindy Roth said...

Very cute. Every time I see Brookelyn I am amazed how much she reminds me of you. She is just the spittin' image of ya :)