We finally have a surgery date scheduled for TJ as long as it doesn't get canceled. We ended up back in the dr office yesterday morning due to the fevers and his whining and not eating. He has lost a few pounds and to us looks a little more thin than normal. Our nights have been awful. They somewhat gave us the choice of giving him an antibiotic shot instead of continuing the oral. I jumped at that due to the overwhelming stress of trying to get him to take the meds. Ron has been working a lot and hasn't been home in the evenings. So a few nights ago TJ's Uncle Skip came down and offered to help hold him down. He laid there perfectly and swallowed the meds just as he used to. SO, I guess I could have in listed Uncle to come to the rescue twice a day but the shot was a selfish decision. I told his Dr that from now on if there is a shot available to be aware that we will request it. He was feeling much better as of last night. It was amazing how quickly it worked.
As far as his ears, he will be having tubes put in on Dec 22nd. For those of you that aren't professionals with taking your kids the the ENT, the procedure is VERY quick. They will put him under anesthesia with a mask and do the tubes. It literally takes less than 10 minutes, maybe even 5. We will be in the car within 30 minutes of them taking him back. It is a simple thing. He will not have a sinus flush or adenoids removed, just the tubes. I believe that he will be looking up his nose very well due to TJ enjoying putting everything up it!! Cheerios, any cereal, popcorn, sticks, rocks, beads, anything and everything that used to go into his mouth now goes up the nose. All boy right. I guess that is what we spent 8 yrs wishing for. ;)
He also had his hearing tested on Tuesday. We were told that he basically cannot hear anything but deep mumbling. He didn't pass his hearing screen, but with tubes that hearing will be restored. He should be actually talking within weeks. So we will for sure be posting video of his first real words! He does say "Papa". He will say "go, go, go" when we ask. That is literally it. He is a professional at car/truck/motorcycle noises though. And he does a good "ugh!" and "Duh". We will miss the babbling when it is gone and the words start coming out. Thanks for prayers as he has been miserable. We appreciate it. Keep you updated.
4 years ago
2 comments:
I'm glad that TJ will be getting tubes put in. Tammy had that done and it does help. I didn't realize that things had been so bad!
We will continue to pray for you guys. May God give you strength, patience, and love.
Love,
The Mathi
It sounds like everything is coming together for his surgery. It sounds like you have a lot of information and are well-equipped to care for him afterward. I'll pray for a speedy recovery and hopefully it won't be long before you are hearing "Mama and Dada" :)
Post a Comment