I am giving you my recipes to some of our favorite bread recipe's. I am even using the bread machine dough cycle for all rolls, french bread, cinnamon rolls etc... I could never live more than a few days without a bread machine. I also haven't bought a loaf of sandwich bread, french bread, bagels, rolls, cinnamon rolls, etc... in almost 4 weeks. I haven't gone as far as the savings but I know it will add up over the year. Yay! The kids are diggin the bread for lunches and love the cinnamon bread with butter for breakfast. So here are a few of our favs. Enjoy. Add or change however you would like. And it literally takes 5-10 minutes to get the ingredients into the machine and get it started. For me it depends on how many distractions I get. I like to bake in morning or at night. Otherwise TJ won't leave the machine alone. Mmmmm!
Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Put/layer in Bread machine in this order, do not mix
1 1/2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
4 C. Bread Flour
1-2 tsp Wheat Gluten (lightly mix into bread flour)
2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 T. Sugar
1 1/4 T. Brown Sugar
1 T. Cinnamon
In microwave warm until butter almost melted:
2 T. Milk
2 T. Butter
1 1/4 C. Water
(stir then add on top of cinnamon)
Turn on Bread Machine and press start. Most Machine have a beeping warning or at some point during the last 10 minutes of final kneading you add 3/4 C. raisins.
White Bread
Put dry ingredients in order/layer:
1 1/2 tsp. Active Dry Yeast
4 C. Bread Flour
1-2 tsp Wheat Gluten
(slightly mix into bread flour)
2 T. Sugar
2 tsp salt
Warm and mix in microwave until butter almost completely melted:
2 T. Milk
2 T. Butter
1 1/4 C. Water
OR (use the 3 above or the 2 below)
1 1/2 C. Milk
2 T Butter
(I've done both but don't make this as much as the other breads. Try both and decide for self.)
Pour onto sugar and put in machine and turn on to the appropriate settings. :)
This is the final product. This was my first loaf. Little too done for my liking.
Honey Wheat Bread
This is the Honey Wheat pic that I took when hand kneading before I had the machine.

HONEY WHEAT
(same recipe as before just cut in half
due to 4 cup limit of flour in bread machine)
Add/layer these ingredient in this order into bread machine pan:
1 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
(can get 32 oz at Costco for the same price as 4 oz at Winco or Walmart)
2 C. Wheat Flour
1 1/2 C. Bread Flour
(Also at Costco think 40# bag for $14) I think
1-2 tsp Wheat Gluten, mix gently into the bread flour
(optional, I use in anything with yeast)
1 1/2 tsp Salt
In a saucepan OR I use microwave, mix only until butter mostly melted:
1 1/4 C Water
2 tsp Butter
1 T. Brown Sugar
1/4 C. Honey
Stir one more time and pour in over flour. Put in bread maker and follow directions for your specific machine. Mine I put on light (like my bread light in color not burned or very dark) IT is a large loaf and I use normal setting or if in hurry I use the rapid one that takes 30 minutes off the total time. Both have turned out the same.
My machine highly suggests taking bread out as soon as possible so I do and cool on a wire rack.
Try yours out and enjoy! We cool for a few hours and store in ziploc bags or large plastic baggies.
4 comments:
Can't wait to try them! Do you bake all of your loaves in your bread machine? It makes sense, since that's part of the service it offers :). I just prefer a regular loaf size, so was thinking about doing my dough in the machine and then baking in the oven. Have you done that at all? Also, my machine is very specific about how you put the layers in (dry first, then liquids, then yeast). Does your manual tell you to do it differently? I've still only done one dough, so I'm wanting to pick up on any tricks you might have :)
My manual is very specific. I choose not to use dry milk so in the recipe where it calls for milk I warm it as said in original recipe. I do the ingredients as my mauel states even though original recipe said to do it different. Follow the manual altering my stages to yours. It may not matter and this bread machine is the only one I know. So do your flour first then whatever it says, liquid, Etc..then the yeast on top. Us same ingredients and measurment as my recipe unless it says not to use more than (example, 3 C flour, 1.5 tsp yeast. etc...) I used equivelant to 1 pkg yeast and had bread rising out of the machine practically. eek... So take any recipe and adjust directions to your manual is my advice. Thats what I did.
The very first ingredient in raisin bread is confusing to me? I cannot figure out the measurement.
I love the bread machine. So I am going to try this, but I really really like to just do dough in it and then cook in my oven. I am not sure why but I do. :)
Okay, I changed the yeast measurment. If it were 1 2/2 that would just be 2 tsp. BUT is isn't so I redid it. Ooops! 1 and 1/2 tsp of yeast. ;)
Thats what happens when you post at midnight. :)
Post a Comment