Is it the endless amounts of gum that I lose because little hands get into the packs and eat it?
Is it the continuous messes I clean up?

Not really!!
It's the sweet gestures that keep me grounded to the reasons I love being a mom!

Here is another sweet gesture that I noticed on the car I get to drive now. One of the girls wrote "I LOVE MY MOM. SHE IS ALYSSA"
~They love me no matter how I look. Big, small, short, tall.
~They have such faith! They can't wait to meet Jesus, yet there are parts of me that fear it.
~They are always so happy to show us the things they draw, write, make and accomplish.
~They love to hug, kiss and want to be held, even if they seem too big to be.
~They live in the moment and don't worry about what tomorrow will bring.
~They are great at reminding us that we are not supposed to eat out. :)
~They need/want me when they fall, get their feelings hurt and even when they get in trouble.
~They are excited to try new things.
~The smile they have when scoring that basket, getting every word right on their spelling test and getting 21 out of 20 on a presentation at school is indescribable.
~The tears they get when they hurt mom or dads feelings. They feel guilt and shame too.
~Hearing them singing hymns and praise songs is almost more than I can handle. I will almost instantly tear up.
~The pictures I find taken on my camera when I go to download them reminds me they want to do the same things we do.
~Although I am not always patient with them they are almost always patient with me. Waiting while I type on the computer, check my facebook, talk on the phone, bake, clean, etc..........
~That kids are rarely bothered by the things we seem as unfair like where they are invited, how often, who they are friends with, what activities they get to do, how they are treated, how much time/attention is given to them, how good they are at something..... I need to not let it bother me either.
~They love learning about Jesus and reading the stories, yet sometime I thinks it is
just "something else I need to do".
~They remind me how fun it is to make mud pies, pretend to be camping, on a boat (bed) with 6 kids (dolls),5 cats 4 dogs, 3 bears, 2 birds and an alligator while the daddy is away hunting. :)
~They give the greatest hugs just when mommy feels like I can't take any more.
~When they have a breakdown for no apparent reason I can help make it better.
~They are quick to say I'm sorry. Am I quick to say it as well?
~They are even quicker to forgive!!!
My kids! I could go on forever on the joys and blessing my babies have been in my life. I am proud to have the children God has graciously given to me for whatever time I get them. He is good, He is awesome! He has given me not only the foundation(cake) of salvation, he gave me lots of icing, sprinkles and candies to top it off. I am proud to be a mom. I am proud of the children I have. I am proud that like all children, they remind me daily what life is about. It's about laughing, loving, forgiving, enjoying, and serving! Oh, And getting enough sleep! It's up to me if I want to see and enjoy it the way they do.
That's what makes being a mom worth it every single day!!!

2 comments:
beautiful Alyssa. thanks for the reminfer :D.
What a great post! I hope your day is blessed! :)
Post a Comment