From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sin-a-mon Rolls and bye-bye B-I-N-K-I'S

As my SIL would call them. I made homemade cinnamon rolls today and they were FAN-TAB-U-LOUS!!! I will be posting the recipe Thursday afternoon. Stay tuned!!!! And seriously.....Be prepared to try it yourself. Mmmmmm!

Today embarked the very first morning that TJ woke up from a long nights sleep without, WITHOUT having a binki all night. Well, at all. Right before bed we were looking for one and Ron had a brilliant (Rolling eyes at the time) idea of throwing them away. I said to take him to the garbage can outside or else I would battle him getting into the one under the kitchen sink. He did. And he threw it away without hesitation, and waved good-bye.

Ron put him to bed, said their nigh-night prayers and he fussed a little. He reminded TJ that he threw his binki away and made sure to compliment his "big boyness". A few whines but no tears and within ten minutes he was fast asleep. To be quite honest he slept very well all night.

Today at nap time he whined again looking in the places his binki likes to "hide". I again told him it is bye-bye and that he threw it away. "You're a big boy now!!" I said so proudly clapping my hands. Yes, we treat him like a baby. He is one ya know. ;) (And our last so that doesn't help).

Right to sleep, no whines.

Tonight same thing, went to sleep within minutes. Why is this such a big deal???

A few reasons. All of our kids have had binki's. I am a proud binki mom. I would use em to keep my babies quite, no one in public likes a crying kids, even me, a mom of 4. I used it to get a few extra zzzz's when they were little. And to be quite frank I had no feeding issues and just plain chose to use em. Yahoo! NO regrets for me. And I'd rather a binki than a thumb, although that is very cute seeing a small baby suck their thumb. So to go through the bye-bye thing again was fine but I really thought it would be a larger issue, He did great. Duh! He is 6 months older than all girls were and we even took it out and about. Whatever to keep him quite. (Anyone who has heard him was thankful too). The girls were never allowed to have their outside of the house, never had it unless it was bed or nap time once they were about 13 months.

His teeth. They are cute, but yep, you guessed it. A little crooked. Well, we think so.

His speech. He is fairly behind in his speech. There are ten month old babies that say more than he does. Not joking. He says, uh, well, maybe, no not that, oh, I got it!! He says "ow". That is fairly recent too. Like this past weekend. He also says "Puh" for please. He is partially not interested, doesn't ever want to repeat you and just walks away when you try to get him to repeat. And partially his brain just isn't able to make the connection to his mouth. He also abttled a lot of ear infection and we probably waited too long to gets the tubes in in hopes that it was the winter season and spring was near. Two years later he had failed his hearing test majorly. All due to the fluid in his ears. Praise the Lord nothing permanent. So, TJ says two words.

He is actually, on the 29th of this month, seeing Early Intervention per, partially, my and partially his dr request. His ped dr doesn't seem to be terribly worried. He is behind BUT if not improved by 3 is when they really worry about it. So we are getting a jump start JUST IN CASE. We are hoping that not having a binki what-so-ever will really help him not mumble and babble.

We will see but for now we are very happy to see him being such a big boy with a big milestone. GO TJ GO!!!

2 comments:

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

When I first read your title I thought it said, Sin-a-min rolls and bye bye Bikini!! LOL!!! Made sense to me. Cinnamon rolls so good you won't get into your bikini. I needed that chuckle today.
I relate with the use of binki's though, love 'em on one hand and it's such a milestone when it's time to say goodbye. The end of an age. Congratulations to the big boy!! Glad he wasn't wearing bikini's.

Mike and Mindy Roth said...

I'm looking forward to trying both of these. Yum! I have to wear a bathing suit in a few weeks, so I think I'll hold off on the sin-a-mon rolls for a bit :)
I have another site I thought you might appreciate: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2007/07/bargain-meal-of-the-week.html