TJ tonight after Urgent Care visit.
We now have matching bracelets

TJ at 6 Months old
Was hospitalized for RSV

Here it is. TJ sicker than sick. He wouldn't stop fussing all day. He has a fever and won't eat or drink. Ron finally said, "call the Dr we are taking him in." Of course, same story as mine, they had no more appts for the day left open so off to Urgent Care. All I'm seeing are $$$ signs. Well, that was the 2nd thought. The first was yes, that I want TJ to feel better. Especially if he feels anything that I felt. I thought I was dying, for real, so I can only know how he feels. As I am writing this Ron is driving around Salem frantically trying to find a pharmacy that has both flu meds in liquid form. So far, no such luck! Now I'm on hold with the answering service for their advice. Argh! This is a little more than we thought it would be. I am not kidding when I say we have really crappy winters. We often feel sorry for ourselves in all that we go through. Yes, pity party #2 here we come!
Every single year the flu bugs hits, colds, ear infections, tonsil or adenoid surgeries, tubes in ears for a 2nd time for one child, sinus infections, asthma,breathing treatments, RSV, did I mentions fevers, and flu? Influenza A is a first for us. YAY! Something new. :) So exciting. (Muttering "yeah right" under my breath). It just goes round and round, every single year since Kaelyn has been 5. We hate winters. It is by far our least favorite time of the year. WE hit serious breaking points and when your husband almost resorts to tears you know its bad. Not when I do though because that is a normal occurrence.
So the funny thing is, I was texting a good friend of mine and she said "If I didn't know you I would think you were kidding". (Not for sure of the exact words, I had to delete my texts). Might have been exaggerating, lying, full of bologna, you get the point.... ;) But it's true. We always have something through the winter months. My kids are going to the dr constantly for weird things.
So here is to another night of not knowing how much sleep we are going to get. Well, for Ron. I get to take my meds. I'll be out cold. I hope.
UPDATE: The peds Dr just informed me that we should NOT give TJ the flu meds. Recent studies have shown that kids have hallucinations and major side effects due to taking it. PRAISE THE LORD that none of the pharmacies had this in. Otherwise who knows how it would have turned out. God always is watching over us. And I was questioning why no one had it in. I know better than that!!!
SO, watch through night. If fever doesn't go down or if he gets worse take him in. Guess we will see how the night goes.....
To healthier days.........................
To healthier days.........................
1 comment:
This winter has been hard on us, too! (Although not nearly as bad as you guys!! Haha) Malachi has been on an inhaler 3 times after colds and we have been told he has baby asthma, and right now he has a goopy eye and Samuel and I are both really sick with cold stuff. It's spring now so hopefully things will start to get better!!! Good luck!
Post a Comment