From Psalms 42:11

But o my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act, for I know I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help-He is my God. I cast my care on God! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. ~From MSD, My sweet SIL.







Thursday, March 19, 2009

Influenza, Dishes and Tampons, OH MY!

So, this has been the week. I often feel very inadequate in my journey as mom and caretaker of the home. There are almost always a few dishes in the sink, laundry in a basket, and the floor always needs swept and vacuumed, even if I just did it. I realized after this week that I actually get quite a bit done. After being under the weather, well, very sick to be blunt, the house has seen its neglect. Just for fun, and total humiliation, here's the proof......

The poor sink couldn't be more full. And this photo is showing both sides of the sink and the counter. Its a sad, sad day in the Worst House! I think it even smells bad. :(
I spent the morning today in Urgent Care. Definitely not in the budget but when you feel as awful as I did there is no price to big to make the pain go away. I tested negative for strep throat but positive for Influenza A. I couldn't have been more miserable sitting in the waiting room. I was lacking food, water and was very dizzy. Fighting back tears over the fact that I had a headache for two days straight. I had begged Ron to take me to the ER in the middle of the night due to the horrific headache. It just wouldn't go away, or even let up. I was taking so much meds, ibuprofen, Excedrin, Tylenol sinus, and Robitussin. (Of course not all at once). ;) And if you know me you know that I take something only when I'm VERY desperate, which isn't very often.
Needless to say I was a mess, and have never felt so bad in my life. Like the dr said, "You feel like you got hit by a Mack-Truck". That is lightly putting it. I mostly just wanted the headache to go away. She said she could help but it required a shot in the buttocks. I told her I didn't care what or where I just wanted the headache to STOP! I even text my best friend and told her they could put it through my eye at that point as long as it worked. The nurse came in feeling horrible that she was going to have to swab my throat, give me a shot in the butt and stick some diaper pin looking thing up my nose for the influenza test. I could hardly care at this point. I did jolt a little with the shot. It stung, but after about 30-45 minutes I could function so much better. Praise God for medicine and shots that release it quickly!!!
***Signs of Influenza A: headaches, sore or stiff neck and back, ear pain, sinus pressure, feeling like you have tooth aches from the facial pressure, aching body, fever, chills, discomfort doesn't let up or get better with OTC medication. Completely miserable. Fever doesn't drop with Meds.***
Boys will be Boys!!
TJ loves to get in my purse. He has eaten packs of gum, candies, and loves to rip open my tampons. These are expensive and I am already a little bitter that I have to spend money on them to begin with. They are like gold. They cannot be wasted. This is an expense I'd rather live without. So when I walked into the kitchen and saw this I was so mad. (But not too mad since I did grab the camera 1st).

And yes, he was chewing on them.

Here's to health and a better week ahead. My kids have been out of school most of the week and we are keeping them out tomorrow as well. Long spring break for us. Too bad we are under quarantine! Brooke is puking and we will be taking her in to the dr in the morning. The other two girls are coughing and Ron thinks he isn't feeling up to par. I can't imagine why? :) Nothing worse than being around a bunch of sickies.

Thanks to my sweet hubby who was so worried about missing work. He has been home to help half of yesterday and all of today. He is taking tomorrow off as well. Love you babe and thanks for taking care of me!!! (and the kids and the home front).

*Recipe will be coming soon* Just not today.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Influenza A? Oh yuck. Is that the one you can still get even if you get a flu shot? We'll be praying for you. Our church members are dropping like flies. I had morning sickness real bad today, but thankfully it did not linger all day. Praying for good health for all of you!! Thankfully Derek has not discovered the tampons yet!